BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my clutch pedal has been making a squeaking noise infrequently, and also doesn't feel as smooth as it used to. The pressure seems okay, it just doesn't feel smooth. I searched and didn't find much, but I think I need to replace my clutch arm bushing...Has anyone experienced this squeak or replaced the CAB before?

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My clutch was squeaking, and I took it to the dealer (warranty period) and they replaced the throw-out bearing, and the clutch assembly for good measure, since the tranny was out of the car. Apparently the throw-out bearing was not lubricated properly during assembly, and as such it started squeaking. Also, the tech said it is not at all rare to have the bearing squeak after a period of use.

My squeak was audible in the car with the engine off, and in the engine bay with the engine off, but was not loud enough to hear with the engine on.

Hope this helps!

-Dave

·
Registered
276 Posts
i believe this is normal.... it's just the fluid in the line (this is what my dealer told me when I had the problem) and I continued to drive with it and i had no problems....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts