E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, quick question. I'd like to get my clown nose to blink when I lock the car but I'm not willing to pay $450 for the alarm system. What should I tell BMW when I ask them for this and they tell me "we can't do that" even though I know it's possible to program the clown nose without the alarm system installed? Also if anyone near Raleigh has the necessary tools to do this please PM me. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
856 Posts
I had mine activated when I got my car, and I dont have the alarm installed. Go get PA soft (BMW Scanner 1.4) and do it yourself.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Greenville NC here about 1 hour from ya. be glad to activate that for you anytime! FREE OF COURSE. And bimmerbro yours has to be activated at the connector under the hood! I have that adapter as well!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Greenville NC here about 1 hour from ya. be glad to activate that for you anytime! FREE OF COURSE. And bimmerbro yours has to be activated at the connector under the hood! I have that adapter as well!
Awesome! I've got friends that go to ECU. If I'm ever headed that way, I'll be sure to let you know.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
I'm curious, how does PA Soft operate through the hood connector interface? Same as footwell connector for 2001+?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found out a guy I'm tight with has MODIC so I'm going to stop by his place later in the afternoon to see if we can activate the alarm system and disable the DWA

·
Registered
336 Posts
What product do I need to buy to be able to do these settings as well as reset service lights...?

THANKS!

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Your post didn't say anything about the clown nose. I have the scanner and want to know how to activate the clown nose without alarm. Has anyone had success? I have access to all of the recoding features without any soldering on my Scanner.
My post tells you how to code your car, what features you code is up to you. I cant go over every single option there is to code because there simply are too many. But activating the clown nose and such are easy features to code using my DIY.

Edit: The image in my DIY is actually the screen you need in order to activate the clone nose. The options on the far right are all about activating parts of the alarm system. All the visual arming disarming etc.... there you go.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
That's what I asked homie, if it works without an alarm installed. In fact, that's what the whole thread is about. So, you have activated the clown nose without an alarm? Or no? Simple question.
How is there going to be a clown noise if there is no alarm... So no he probably put in a radio shack buzzer/beeper to actually make the sound.

If you enable the DWA it will just flash lights, no sound and also a code will be thrown as the actual siren isn't plugged in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
How is there going to be a clown noise if there is no alarm... So no he probably put in a radio shack buzzer/beeper to actually make the sound.

If you enable the DWA it will just flash lights, no sound and also a code will be thrown as the actual siren isn't plugged in.
I don't know about a clown noise with any alarm system on these cars. I will say however that my touring does not have an alarm system; however I had the car set to acknowledge visually which causes the corners and side markers to blink when locking / unlocking and as a side effect, I note that the clown nose on the mirror now blinks periodically after I've locked the car.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had mine activated by the dealership, my car also does not have the alarm. I am not sure which specific option it is that you need to code, but yes it can be done.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts