BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this read button which looks like a clown nose at the bottom of my rear view mirror. It is not activated and not sure what I have to do to have it activated. Also when I lock my car my lights or horn does not go off is this normal. This is my first BMW so I am not sure about a few things. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
680 Posts
first of all welcome to the club..
Second..

DUDE!!.use that damn search button on top will ya. Infact, search all the things u can, clown nose, dde, angel eye etc etc..to your hearts content.

Dont wast thread space by asking for something that only a couple of searches will easily show you! :)

Good luck :)

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
its a european version of the flux capacitor...more refined and equipped with AI..

infact, when you go to sleep at night, your car goes back in time to 1987 and gets a sandwich.....

:eeps:

i dont know what its for, the clown nose is actually in the same category as a bunch of other small quirks found in our cars that people often question, such as the little kick down button underneath the gas pedal for automatics, or the little module stuck on the headliner between the front and rear seats that seams to serve no purpose, or even then infamous empty cube shaped compartment underneath the hood (many have been baffled by what to do with this)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have this read button which looks like a clown nose at the bottom of my rear view mirror. It is not activated and not sure what I have to do to have it activated. Also when I lock my car my lights or horn does not go off is this normal. This is my first BMW so I am not sure about a few things. Thanks ahead of time.
Bring it to the dealer where they can program the "clown nose" to blink. They will probably charge about $50 dollars to do this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For one thing I am not a DUDE, secondly I am new to this forum and not everyone can be intellegent like you. But thanks for the info

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
the clown nose works with the OEM alarm system (dealer installed option) :) it blinks when it is armed.

but as a previous poster said, you can have your dealer activate it to blink when the car is locked, without purchasing the OEM alarm :thumbsup:

welcome to the forum, and don't mind these jokers ;)

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
the clown nose works with the OEM alarm system (dealer installed option) :) it blinks when it is armed.

but as a previous poster said, you can have your dealer activate it to blink when the car is locked, without purchasing the OEM alarm :thumbsup:

welcome to the forum, and don't mind these jokers ;)
Damm beat me to it by a second lol!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I mite as well show some intelligents, the red button turns left to right. It adjusts the mirror from day to night driving. Also the car lights do not flash when locking and unlocking the doors, is retarted BMW did not do this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you kindly for your response. It is greatly appreciated. I don't mind jokers, but insults I can do without. Once again thanks:)

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
I mite as well show some intelligents, the red button turns left to right. It adjusts the mirror from day to night driving. Also the car lights do not flash when locking and unlocking the doors, is retarted BMW did not do this.
They can, with the OEM alarm mine flashes, I believe they can flash without it as well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My clown nose blinks intermittently to let everyone know the car is locked, alarmed and immobilised with the OEM alarm. I think all UK BMW's have this activated.

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
Ok I understand you now, I thought you where talking about the red thing. My lights do not turn on when I lock mine. I don't know why.
Just have to tell the dealer you want it that way.

If you go in they have a sheet of all the programable options, its like a $45 charge to change something. I believe though they dont charge you for the first changes when you get the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts