BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i turn on the AC or heater the fan speeds are uncontrollable and it's stuck on the highest speed. anyone ever experiece this and what can be causing this?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WhiteDagger said:
Final stage censor/resistor needs replacing. I just had mine fixed under the extended warranty. :thumbup:

EDIT: BTW, it's a common problem among E46s.
cool thanks .. do u remember how much it cost? my warranty ended last month

·
Registered
464 Posts
mvincent said:
cool thanks .. do u remember how much it cost? my warranty ended last month
Under my extended warranty plan, I had to pay $50. Meaning that no matter the cost of the problem, I only have to pay $50. The part is pretty in-expensive (could be anywhere from around $50-150) but the labor is gonna cost ya. Sorry man, I don't have the exact figures. Also, I've heard a DIY for replacing it is quite an intense job.

·
Registered
152 Posts
mvincent said:
when i turn on the AC or heater the fan speeds are uncontrollable and it's stuck on the highest speed. anyone ever experiece this and what can be causing this?
I have the same problem. Im going to be calling the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully its still cover under the 50K miles warranty. Any one know why this happens???

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
WhiteDagger said:
Final stage censor/resistor needs replacing. I just had mine fixed under the extended warranty. :thumbup:

EDIT: BTW, it's a common problem among E46s.
:werd: I had to have that same part replaced but for different reasons.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had the same problem ( blower goes full power or not at all or just crazy!), bought the new final stage resistor for $80.46 including tax (its a new model so it wont go bad again), I did the replacement all by myself and it took me about an hour begining to end, its pretty deep in the car so it wasnt the easiest thing i have done.. Im not a mechanic but if i were to charge someone to do it for them id charge prolly 50-60 bucks becuase that how difficult i feel it was hehe..

PS, works perfect now!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PriMoPyRo said:
Had the same problem ( blower goes full power or not at all or just crazy!), bought the new final stage resistor for $80.46 including tax (its a new model so it wont go bad again), I did the replacement all by myself and it took me about an hour begining to end, its pretty deep in the car so it wasnt the easiest thing i have done.. Im not a mechanic but if i were to charge someone to do it for them id charge prolly 50-60 bucks becuase that how difficult i feel it was hehe..

PS, works perfect now!
ok i guess i wont be doing it myself. calling the dealer tomorrow. thanks for the info :thumbup:

·
Chilly Willy
1,856 Posts
mvincent said:
ok i guess i wont be doing it myself. calling the dealer tomorrow. thanks for the info :thumbup:
i think i have the same problem, please post details of the cost and outcome

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts