BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought an '01 m3 from a wholesaler. Car is top notch but has a Clifford alarm system (no clue on model no., no doc's). I am not sure if the '01 has daytime running lamps but when the car is on, all the lights are on, interior, headlight, parking, rear & fog. (even when the light switch is on the 'off' position. Even if it does have drl's, all these lights should not be on. The interior lights are on 90% of the time. Basiclly, the lights are on if the car is on. On top of that, I can't shut the fog lights off and the dimmer for the interiors does not work. I took off the panel under the steering column and the f'in wirirng was a mess leading to a black Clifford control box, so I am guessing that this is the problem. My bulb replacement indicator also flips on and off constantly but no lights are out (not sure if this is related, but the indicator is more frustrating than the headlights). I will probably just have the dealer un-install the alarm and put everything back to factory. I just wanted to see if anyone had any problems like this.

also, there is a little black switch that sits above my right knee (installed on the panel, facing the floor). it is about an inch long rubber 'rocker' switch. one of the positions looks like it has an '*' on it..anyone have a clue?

Thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
rbelf said:
just bought an '01 m3 from a wholesaler. Car is top notch but has a Clifford alarm system (no clue on model no., no doc's). I am not sure if the '01 has daytime running lamps but when the car is on, all the lights are on, interior, headlight, parking, rear & fog. (even when the light switch is on the 'off' position. Even if it does have drl's, all these lights should not be on. The interior lights are on 90% of the time. Basiclly, the lights are on if the car is on. On top of that, I can't shut the fog lights off and the dimmer for the interiors does not work. I took off the panel under the steering column and the f'in wirirng was a mess leading to a black Clifford control box, so I am guessing that this is the problem. My bulb replacement indicator also flips on and off constantly but no lights are out (not sure if this is related, but the indicator is more frustrating than the headlights). I will probably just have the dealer un-install the alarm and put everything back to factory. I just wanted to see if anyone had any problems like this.

also, there is a little black switch that sits above my right knee (installed on the panel, facing the floor). it is about an inch long rubber 'rocker' switch. one of the positions looks like it has an '*' on it..anyone have a clue?

Thanks
Nightmode on the Clifford allows the lights to come on when it gets dark, but is not compatible with the DRLs of the 2001 e46. As an alternative, the installer bypassed the light switch and hence that is why the lights are always on. It's not a problem with the alarm... it was a decision that was made at the time of install. The bulb out is a separate, possibly not alarm-related issue. At worse it is an issue with the installer.

The rocker allows you to valet with the remore using your defined code. Similar to your master remote. It also allows you to enter the configuration modes and customize the alarm settings.

There ya go. I hope this helped.

- e46myway

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it was bypassed but I need the wiring diagram to figure it out..like I said, it is a mess. Gonna try and find the model number and get the documents for the alarm. Thanks for the help, I will let you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts