BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to know the clearance, you were told, needed to run the 14" Brembo kit on ACS 3-piece Racing 19's.

I know it was posted here by Clem, but couldnt find the post.

BTW: this is not for my car

·
Registered
644 Posts
mmm bbk

·
Registered
769 Posts
mfspolo said:
i think those are the 3 piece racing
=========================
what's 2 piece look like? lolz

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fucy626:
I know they can be MADE to fit, but need to figure out if there are spacers required... how many milimeters would give enough to clear?

·
I know all about that...
2,207 Posts
John from jersey said:
fucy626:
I know they can be MADE to fit, but need to figure out if there are spacers required... how many milimeters would give enough to clear?

Those are ACS type 3 racing 19 by 8.5 with spacers. I'll get back to you on the amount of the spacer.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
john call ultima

they fitted i think 14" bremo on a 330. i think they know their stuff. they are in lynbrook call after 3 pm. ask for mike number is 1516 593 3500 say bob leo sent you. he will help you.
buy the way thats my real name lollllll
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: john call ultima

bobm3 said:
they fitted i think 14" bremo on a 330. i think they know their stuff. they are in lynbrook call after 3 pm. ask for mike number is 1516 593 3500 say bob leo sent you. he will help you.
buy the way thats my real name lollllll
bobm3 ;) ;)
thx for the info bob

they fitted a brembo 14" on an ACS 3 piece Race 19" wheel, not the 1 piece?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Orient Blue 3 said:

Those are ACS type 3 racing 19 by 8.5 with spacers. I'll get back to you on the amount of the spacer.
thx bro:) would appreciate that...again it's not for my car, but for someone who wants a set in the GB

I know Clem knows this answer, he is not online at the moment:banghead:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have H&R 10mm spacers that I ended up not needing for my BBK install. If someone is hesitant to get in on the GB because of fitment, I will gladly send out my H&R 10mm spacers with matching lugs free of charge ($100 value). This is only for someone involved in John's group buy, I think it's a great oppurtunity and I am willing to help out.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jonb325ci said:
I have H&R 10mm spacers that I ended up not needing for my BBK install. If someone is hesitant to get in on the GB because of fitment, I will gladly send out my H&R 10mm spacers with matching lugs free of charge ($100 value). This is only for someone involved in John's group buy, I think it's a great oppurtunity and I am willing to help out.
that is very admirable!! i will make sure to tell the fellow fanatic:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
John, Mon's car required 17mm worth of spacers to work on his ACS Type III racing. The M3 Brembo caliper requires 41mm of clearance, so I told Mon to use the ACS factory 7mm in conjunction with an H&R 10. A 15mm H&R is not sufficient (scrapes the paint off the caliper but will spin). A 20mm will make the wheel stick out more than it needs.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Ouch, I didn't know the M3 14" kit requires that much...:)
Learn something new everyday.
My friend ran 15mm on his 18" type 3 1 piece running 13" brembos.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lee2375 said:
John, Mon's car required 17mm worth of spacers to work on his ACS Type III racing. The M3 Brembo caliper requires 41mm of clearance, so I told Mon to use the ACS factory 7mm in conjunction with an H&R 10. A 15mm H&R is not sufficient (scrapes the paint off the caliper but will spin). A 20mm will make the wheel stick out more than it needs.
exactly what i was lookin for.. thank u Lee!:thumbup:

is that your car???:yikes:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
vincentw said:
Ouch, I didn't know the M3 14" kit requires that much...:)
Learn something new everyday.
My friend ran 15mm on his 18" type 3 1 piece running 13" brembos.
12.9 kit only needs 26mm, on both one and 2 piece discs

also, the one piece ACS has more clearance than the 2 piece

1 - 20 of 54 Posts