BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Say hello to my lito fren
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what you guys think would look better on my car? Painted or clear reflectors?:dunno: :banghead:

If someone could p-shop that for me It would help a lot....thanks in advance:

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
I had the clears and they were junk, at least the painted are OEM reflectors. IMO the painted look better too..

John V

More pics on my site, click on my sig

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
6,257 Posts
IMHO:

on a dark colored car, the best options are:

1) Fill in the holes and paint
2) Clear reflectors
3) Painted reflectors (look like wierd tumors on the bumper for no-reason)
4) Amber reflectors

on lighter colored cars:
1) Fill in the holes and paint
2) Painted reflectors (look like wierd tumors on the bumper for no-reason)
3) Clear reflectors
4) Amber reflectors

:thumbup:

·
Say hello to my lito fren
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm swamped right this minute, but I will get to it...:thumbup:

thanks for the p-shop

·
Registered
929 Posts
On a darker car- orient blue, black, etc, I vote clear..

If you have other paintwork you are doing (mirrors, lip, etc, then get the OEMs painted at that time, but not worth it to have done separately, IMO)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have mine painted. I think it looks good. I had them painted for free when I got my m3 lip. I didn't want to deal with cheap clears that would chip or break.

Attachments

·
bored.
1,021 Posts
it depends, i have black coupe, and ive done both setups. the clears looked fine, and i have no complaints. as long as they are filed, you will have no problems with the install (at least i didnt). with the painted, hell i was bored last week and just spray painted them (my old ambers) jet black, and they match pretty well. from a distance it looks great, but up close u can see what they mean by patchwork. all depends, up close, or far away, which do u care about most.

--soheil

·
Registered
45 Posts
be careful with the clears, just make sure you're not like me and a few other people on this board who bought the clears first and cracked them, and then decided to go painted cuz we knew there wouldn't be any fitment issues

·
Registered
156 Posts
glad i dont have to worry about that problem having english car......from an outsider view i like the painted ones better

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I prefer painted over clear. On a dark color car the clear reflector stands out like a sore thumb as much as the amber. Of course, I also prefer filled over painted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts