E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,372 Posts
You can replace the factory bulbs with either the Solaris Invisbulbs or our V3 LED Turn Signal Bulbs. Both are clear when off to get rid of the orange reflection and blink in your choice of amber or xenon white.

You can run these in your front corners and sidemarkers, we also offer them for the rears if you do not have factory LED tail lights.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm probably going to change the whole signal unit to a clear screw in and get an LED bulb. as far as the side im going to have to check it out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a carbon black e46 m3. should i get a clear turn signal or smoked? which would look best with the color of the car?

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
I've got smoked in my sig. I prefer clear so I switched back.. just haven't updated the sig. My M3's carbon black fwiw.

Anyway, the best stealth bulb I've come across is the Philips Silvervision. I haven't seen them sold retail in the US, but a few car manufacturers sell them through their parts catalogs. I've found the part numbers for BMW and VW; there may be other makes that sell them too (possibly for less money). Unlike every other stealth bulb I've tried, the Philips bulbs light up as brightly as non-stealth bulbs... sometimes it looks like they're actually a little brighter.

BMW sells it under P/N: 63-21-7-160-897 - $15.50/bulb @ Tischer
VW and Audi sell it under P/N: N 102 564 04 - $10.10/bulb @ genuinevwaudiparts.com

Buy the VW/Audi part. The bulbs are exactly the same and fit fine in the OEM clear housings. No reason to pay $5 extra per bulb just to get a box that says BMW on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
you have to change the entire 'assembly', check out our site, we've got a guide on the corner lights page, the sidemarkers pop right out, but we have a guide coming shortly for that
I installed Khoalty clear corners and clear side markers & I'm very happy with them. I wanted to keep the amber color when they are on though, and for that I bought (also from Khoalty) their bulbs with the chrome appearance but amber color when lit, which I'm also happy with. Gives it a nice look, don't even notice the bulbs if they're not on, so no weird looking colors in them, just clear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts