E46 Fanatics Forum banner

clear lights

845 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ///M3Matt 
#1 ·
i just bought a 2000 323ci coupe and i want to purchase
clear coners lenses, clear side markers, and clear bumper
reflectors.... there is a big price difference from online stores
and ebay...
since ebay is cheaper is the quality less...
:dunno: :cry: :lmao: :ben:
before i buy should i make sure the lenses are oem?
please help...;) ;) ;) ;)

#3 ·
For my 325, I bought my clears, entire set, off of procarparts.com but i resold them on ebay because the quality was noticeably crappier than OEM. If you can spend the money, i would strong recommend going for OEMs. I don't regret spending close to $400 on them at all.
Try Pacific BMW for low prices, there are some other dealers too.

#4 ·
I just installed a full set of smoked lenses from procarparts.com on my 2000 323Ci. They aren't as nice quality as the OEM parts but the parts that show look as good as OEM. The crappiness is only apparent on the parts that are on the back that you can't see anyway when they are installed. They fit just fine, look fine, and cost a LOT less than OEM (I paid $183 for all 8 lenses). Plus I wanted smokes and you can't get those OEM. Maybe I got lucky, I don't know.

As soon as I wash my car I'll post pictures. I also have painted reflectors from bimmian.com arriving any day now. I might wait to take pics until after I put those on, too.

Anyway, if you want clear/white lenses, spend the money on OEM parts. pacificbmw.com or circlebmw.com are usually about as cheap as you can find them. A full set for your car would be under $300.

#5 ·
try pacific bmw or other online BMW dealer, spend the cash & get the RIGHT oem parts.. less potential for problems down the line, IMO

#11 ·
gofast323 said:
slow323,

where did you pick up those smokes? did you get the full set?
I got the 4 taillights and 2 front corners from procarparts.com. I had to buy the 2 sidemarkers from Bavarian Auto because no one else had them available at that time.

I just washed my car, and I will have to say that the smokes look excellent on my black car. I'm geting painted reflectors any day now, then I will post some pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.