E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok one of my silver visions blew out so I went to Pep Boys and picked up 7506 clear bulbs and the side marker clear bulbs also. I have clears all around my car and the rear still blinks yellow with the silver visions but the front and side now blink white. I was kind of bored with the yellow blinking so I guess I kind of like the white. Anyone else do this or maybe use a different color bulb.

I think this may attract cops around my area. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yeah, I have clear bulbs in the front---since they're on all the time when my headlights are on, it almost defeated the purpose of getting clears when they're illuminating amber light! (Also, contrary to common belief, this is perfectly legal in most states.)

Since the sides only illuminate when signalling, I have silver coated amber bulbs, so as to minimize attention to cops.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I run clears w/ oem clear bulbs all around..

At least here Cops have more to worry about than wrong colored blinkers. 5 months, no problems with cops. Had 1 behind me earlier this week at a light in the turn lane, I'm merrily blinking away, he's not giving a hoot..

Results may vary depending on location/time/if the cop's wife treated him right last night.

At worst, you get a $10 ticket, swap out your bulbs or covers, pay it, then do whatever again..

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've had clears with the stock clear bulbs for the past 4 months(put the clears in a day after i got the car). I don't have a front plate either and I still have yet to be pulled over. Been in front of, behind, next to, and driven by plenty of cops who noticed but didn't seem to care.

·
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)
2,126 Posts
Well, here in California, it depends on what city you are at. Burbank, Glendale and Pasadena Police are notorious of giving tickets. My friend of mine was pulled over because his parking light illuminates blue color. I have clear lenses front, sides and rear but I will not take a risk to get a ticket from those A-hole cops which probably didn't get any from their wives or GF the night before..

·
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)
2,126 Posts
MikekiM said:
I run Stealth bulbs. They look silver when off, but light up amber so it's all still nice and legal..

Very happy with them, since they come with a lifetime warranty!
Stealth bulbs ...are they Solaris bulbs?? Did you buy them at a local auto stores?

·
Registered
551 Posts
MikekiM said:
I run Stealth bulbs. They look silver when off, but light up amber so it's all still nice and legal...
Mike and other CA guys---it's perfectly legal to have white-illuminating bulbs at the front and sides in California!! The thing that's illegal is to not have an amber reflector in the front. Has nothing to do with the color of the lights.

·
Registered
178 Posts
xmas63 said:
Mike and other CA guys---it's perfectly legal to have white-illuminating bulbs at the front and sides in California!! The thing that's illegal is to not have an amber reflector in the front. Has nothing to do with the color of the lights.
Where can I find the legality of this in other states...like say...new york?

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
I bought the Pep Boys clear white bulbs. Was buying cleaning supplies and I was like, "What the hell, it's cheap." Cops look cuz it's different, but since it is LEGAL in California, they don't do anything about it. Much better than the egg yolk effect I had earlier.

·
Registered
271 Posts
jshah0123 said:
Where can I find the legality of this in other states...like say...new york?

Check the State DOT site (for example - specs on tinitng) or just call the Highway Patrol office. Maybe you'll make a friend!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.