E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I jsut got 03 330xi sedan and doing a bunch of exterior mods for now...lol. So now I am looking to purchase clear lights (turn signals, sides, and tails). I looked at turnermotorsports.com and they have the whole kit for $500..Expensive much? Then I look at jlevistreetwerks.com and everything there would come out to $225 but idk if they are reliable.. Does anyone have any suggestions to where I should purchase clears from? Plz :thanks:

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
there are two versions.... 1 is the OEM clears from Europe, and the other is the Depo aftermarket

·
Registered
0 Posts
oem is perfect fitment cause its from bmw them selves. depo is aftermarket but you save a whole lot of $ that way. usually there arent any big fitment issues but it is a little risky in my opinion

·
Registered
2005 330i manual transmission performance package
3,893 Posts
The original Bosch clears are better quality, but of course are more expensive than DEPOs.
I found brand new Bosch clears by chance (didn't plan on modding, I just wanted new corners) and couldn't be happier.
They come in a complete set with sockets and orange bulbs.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
usually there arent any big fitment issues but it is a little risky in my opinion
Depo is far from risky and have no fitment issues. I don't know where you're getting your facts from. Whoever suggested DDMtuning.com.....really? I haven't heard one positive comment from anyone on this forum about DDM.:facepalm:

·
Registered
2005 330i manual transmission performance package
3,893 Posts
Depo is far from risky and have no fitment issues. I don't know where you're getting your facts from.
Replacement corners rarely fit directly even if bought from the dealer.
The original ones are attached to the headlight assembly first and then pushed in place together.
After years of use (exposure to heat, cold, rain, mechanical shocks, and what not) these plastic pieces may have settled somewhat differently than when new.
Hence an old corner can be removed and pushed back in place and it will fit fine, but its new replacement may not.

If that happens, remove the plastic trim below the headlight, loosen the T30 screws that hold it (search headlight removal DIY to find these screws) so it can move front to back a bit, push the new corner in, adjust the position of the headlight and tighten the screws.

One of my Bosch corners fit perfectly, the other did not. I had to go through this procedure to make it get into place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts