E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What products should I use and where can I get them. Where can I read up on cleaning/waxing techniques? Thanks. I've never really washed a car before since I didn't have much of a place to do it but I dont trust the car wash so I'm going to make do. Thanks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I personally dig using the products from Griot's Garage. My car is white though so I cant really get that shine that darker colors have, so I don't bother with Zymol or Zanio, etc.

the Griot's clay bar was really easy to use, but i'm sure that all claybars are pretty much the same thing, just use a lot of quick detail so you dont clay the paint off your car. lol.

usually when I wash and wax and dry, I go from top to bottom. Like the hood, windshield down to the grille, and etc. (same for trunk) for the side of the car, top to bottom. windows down to sideskirts.

Oh, and pick up an absorber from an auto shop, makes drying the car a lot easier.

I'm sure I missed a few details here and there, but someone will pick up the slack. :lmao:

·
Registered
32 Posts
You will be going from one extreme to another if you go to The Z. THere are a lot of steps in Z. and you might want to research it first. You can still get great shine from other products that cost a lot less and don't require as many steps. I am only saying this because you have never washed a car before. You might want to start slow and use a cleaner/wax after washing first. That way you can determine if you will ever do it again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you want less steps, like 2, 1-wash the car and dry 2- wax. I personally like mothers carnuba wax/cleaner. If you want a few more steps 1-wash/dry 2- polish 3- wax try meguires professional line. both of these are readily available at an auto parts store, wal-mart, target. If you really want to make it look the best and do about 5 steps and you are really anal retentive, then go Zaino. I think Zanio does look great, but for a lot less effort the other 2 look pretty darn good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.