spray some simple green here and there.

let it sit a few minutes

then wash with a mitt and soapy water

rinse off, and dry.

shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. :)

·
.--. . -. .. ...
4,365 Posts
I've read on here that you're not supposed to use simple green. I just take a wet rag, clean everything up, and then take a paper towel and spray WD-40 on it and wipe everything down.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i say, just spray it down with something mild, and wipe it clean....as long as the engine covers/fluid resevoirs/radiator/air box looks clean, thats all that matters. Also, i use speed shine/quick detailer to do the strut towers and anything painted in sight.

·
Banned
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hamann330ci said:
dont forget to post pics afterwards also :D
I'll be sure to take some before and after shots. I hosed down the engine bay earlier today when I did a regular wash, plus Ia gently scrubbed the top of the intake box, and engine. It looked nice wet :D but doesnt everything? So I'm guessing when I open it up tomorrow or possibly monday it will look the same as before (dirty).

·
Registered
686 Posts
cowmoo32:

if you haven't cleaned the engine bay in several months, I find simple green to be strong enough to remove the grime that builds up in the engine bay.

When you wash the engine bay on a weekly basis, then regular car soap works fine. Then feel free to spray silicone lube on the rubber hosing and seals.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.