E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm kinda upset at all this snow and slush we have been having lately. They are making my new 325 look really crappy because I can't help but track snow and dirt into my car. What is the best way to wash the floormats so that they look new again?

Thanks,

Slappy

·
Registered
58 Posts
FLOORMATS

I spray the floormats with water and then put them in the washer. Just remember to put the washer on "DELICATES" this way the back of the mat dosent rip.
always works,

I also spray the mats with fantastic and let it absorb into the mats so all the dirt comes out.
good luck

·
SBBMotorwerks
416 Posts
Believe it or not, the best thing i have found to clean the carpet in my car is aerosol glass cleaner. Get a can of glass cleaner (the kind that foams up when you spray it), spray it on your carpets, let it sit for a bit, and then scrub with a soft brush, and wipe with a rag...you will be amazed at how much crap will come out. I do it even when my carpets look clean and it still pulls out dirt.

But like Suren said, the best deal for winter is to get rubber mats (i have them...not a big fan of the look, but its alot easier to keep clean)

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,789 Posts
thais0n said:
Believe it or not, the best thing i have found to clean the carpet in my car is aerosol glass cleaner. Get a can of glass cleaner (the kind that foams up when you spray it), spray it on your carpets, let it sit for a bit, and then scrub with a soft brush, and wipe with a rag...you will be amazed at how much crap will come out. I do it even when my carpets look clean and it still pulls out dirt.
are you serious?!
does it get out the salt stains?
I've tried carpet cleaners, and they dont do jack. I'm gonna try that this weekend. my mats are looking really bad.
:thumbup:

·
Banned
1,223 Posts
how much are they?

·
Registered
915 Posts
BMW OEM Mats are the way to go.

Obvbiously not as nice as carpet, but dont get ruined. Plus the BMW mats lock into the carpet retainers too. Try looking at Circle or Pacific.. pretty cheap :D

·
Alpha Male
6,032 Posts
BMW OEM Mats are the way to go.

Obvbiously not as nice as carpet, but dont get ruined. Plus the BMW mats lock into the carpet retainers too. Try looking at Circle or Pacific.. pretty cheap :D

I used to have a set of those when I drove my car in winter. I swapped between them and the carpet ones when the season changed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with getting BMW OEM rubber mats. I just got a 2003 325xi and that is the first accessory I purchased as I did not want to get my plush new BMW carpet type mats soiled with all the snow we have been having. They lock in place, hold all the water, dirt, etc., in the incorporated channels, don't look bad at all, and are not that expensive. Once the weather gets better, you can just swap them with the nice carpet mats. Good luck!

BTW, keep the hangars that come with the rubber mats as you can use them to easily store the carpet mats during the winter.

·
Registered
705 Posts
has anyone else tried the washing machine? I want to know if it messes up the matts at all? Because mine are kind of dirty just from dirt and stuff.

·
Registered
48 Posts
For getting most stains out, I use Resolve. That said, to deal with the latest pounding we've gotten in D.C., I got some $8 Rubbermaids and cut' em up so they fit around the accelerator -- beats what the dealer's asking for....

·
www.piratecove.org
3,677 Posts
i've got the bmw rubber floor mats in for now too, working out well for the winter :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have the OEM rubber mats too....however, some of my passengers have managed to track dirt and slush with salt into my car and there are some spots that are hard and difficult to remove.

What should I do???? My interior looks like sh&t.....I hope I don't have to get it professionally detailed to have those removed.........

Help!!

·
Groccery Getter
788 Posts
Anyone interested in these

They are rubber mats. It's about 90 per pair. It's almost a 2 inch lip on the driver side, that will prevent dirt, water, sand, SNOW, salt from getting in your carpet. If anyone is interested Email me.

·
Groccery Getter
788 Posts
Re: Anyone interested in these

Ausfahrt said:
They are rubber mats. It's about 90 per pair.
This rubber mat goes in the back seats. They also prevent you from getting dirt, SNOW, or sand in your carpet. The design are not like the driver side it's more like a gradual slope.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts