BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know this asap,
does clarion 925vd can play dvd while driving??????
or u still need to pull to P and pull the handbrake before playing dvd????

·
Europrojektz NW
973 Posts
Yes it can play DVD while driving, I am not sure if the Clarion doesn't have safety function or my installer bypassed it...it'll work while driving

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E46_Angemon said:
Yes it can play DVD while driving, I am not sure if the Clarion doesn't have safety function or my installer bypassed it...it'll work while driving
thats nice man,,, i heard some other headunit like kenwood or pineer do have the safety function, sux,,,is it a way to bypass it or clarion doesnt have safety function?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
very easy to by pass it, if the wire needs a possitive signal to make the screen turn on, the splice it into your power wire, if it need a negative signal, then splice it into the ground wire! easy as that!

·
926 Posts
The 925VD does have a security feature tied to your parking brake. It is illegal to drive with motion picture playing. You may convince your installer to by-pass it by grounding the lead.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I have the 925VD and my installer didnt hook up that retarded safety thing... Who the hell is going to sit there parked and watcha movie... For that, ill watch it at home...

·
Registered
493 Posts
is there a way to play the DVD on just the aux (head rests, visors and other locations) screens and NOT the main unit's screen?

·
Registered
156 Posts
My pioneer plays while in motion. No safety function here. God I love my pioneer!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts