BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Claridges Service Department SUCKASS!!!Scraped up my splitters!!!

Brought in my car for some work because of hella rattling and crap. Got there in the morning, told the advisor of my problems, had a list of about 5, he told me that he'll only fix 1 of them (rattle in the passenger seat) They weren't able to duplicate 3 of the problems which i heard when i was on a test drive with a tech. And one of them, they said is normal (weird rattle noise when i turn off the car).....Ok so i leave the car there to let them fix that one problem.

I come back at 6:15pm to pick up my car. The service depart closed about 15 mins ago, i see my car sitting in front. I'm like ok.....so i go in get my keys and do a quick walk around my car, I dont notice anything. Then when i was about to drive off the driveway, my gf reminded me about my splitters, she asked if they scraped them or riped them off. So i went to go check, sure enought, the left one was scraped up. It look like they hit a curb with it when parking. So i back up my car and go back into the service drive area, then notice one more problem, i had a dent above my gas tank door. I go in and ask for the service manager, but he left already, so i'm like ok, who can i talk to about this stuff, they got some manager for me, i tell him the problems, he looked at them and wrote a note and pasted it on the adivsor's desk. I leave and go home. Parked my car in the garage.

I went back this morning and talked to the service manager, and he said he'll fix the one dent above the gas door but he dont know whats he's gonna do about the splitters. I'm like OK, go see what you can do about them. Before they took my car to the back, the dent remover guy points out three more fuking dents on my driver side rear panel!!!! I'm like wtf....These were not here when i dropped off my car!! The manager denied everything, and refused to fix them....I call up bmwna on the spot, and they said they can't do anything and advised me to talk to the general manager.

In the end, the GM fixed all the dents, but didnt not fix the splitters. So me and my friends left PISSED. I gave them two nice BLACK lines in the service drive with a small cloud of smoke. Also the fuking service manager is a DICK!!! His name is Ron something....He gave me a badass attitude and told me to get my car after its done and they dont want to do business with me anymore, i'm like fuk you *****, i got plenty of other dealers that'll give me better service than your pusy ass will.

Fuk Claridges BMW, I'll never go back and i'll advise those of you that are thinking about going there to reconsider!

Sorry....HAD TO VENT!!

·
STi --> M3
387 Posts
In the end, the GM fixed all the dents, but didnt not fix the splitters. So me and my friends left PISSED. I gave them two nice BLACK lines in the service drive with a small cloud of smoke. Also the fuking service manager is a DICK!!! His name is Ron something....He gave me a badass attitude and told me to get my car after its done and they dont want to do business with me anymore, i'm like fuk you *****, i got plenty of other dealers that'll give me better service than your pusy ass will.
There's been dent's that I havn't noticed for a while. I'm pretty sure the Service Department is better than that. My dad used to run that store, because they used to be way out of line. And burning out in the service drive? :eek: :thumbdwn:

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trey2s said:

There's been dent's that I havn't noticed for a while. I'm pretty sure the Service Department is better than that. My dad used to run that store, because they used to be way out of line. And burning out in the service drive? :eek: :thumbdwn:
No trust me, the dents are NOTICABLE. Fuk i dont give a fuk man...I'm never going back there again. And no, not an acutal burn out more of a peel-out. :rolleyes: :eeps: :thumbup:

And just because your dad used to run that store dont mean that the service department is GREAT!!:tsk: The sales department is just ok, much better than service.

·
STi --> M3
387 Posts
If they are noticable, then why didn't you notice them, like you said? Someone had to bring them to your attention.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trey2s said:
If they are noticable, then why didn't you notice them, like you said? Someone had to bring them to your attention.
I havent driven my car since i brought it home last night. close to 7pm. Its DARK at that time, do you think you'll be able to see dents when its pretty much dark out? Probably not unless your superman.

·
STi --> M3
387 Posts
TeKNiC330 said:

I havent driven my car since i brought it home last night. close to 7pm. Its DARK at that time, do you think you'll be able to see dents when its pretty much dark out? Probably not unless your superman.
:dunno: Just asking.

·
frequent tire purchaser
656 Posts
I would just take the mutherf_cker by the throat and tell him he's going to fix it.
Seriously, you should have just demanded that they fix it. If they really screwed them up I wouldn't back down at all until they did. Stay there in the guys face until he agrees to do so. It's tough to stay calm when they piss you off like that, but you need to if you expect to get anywhere with them. Just be professional, and don't give them the option of not repairing what they damaged.
I thought Claridge was good.:dunno:

·
Modded ///Member
1,209 Posts
i got my car at claridges the sales is cool but service mother ****in licks dick those ****ers aint gotta clue of whats going on never have never will, i had some problems with the clutch and when i took it in the ****er didnt put something back together and all my gears blew out on me on the road i had to get out in the middle of the street and push that **** i never got anything out of them

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought my car there, but never bring the car for the service. My opinion that they don't like asian people very much. They also crashed my sister car hood and refused to fix. :sad:

Talk to General Manager for your problems.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guess i'm not the only one that has problems with those retards. I swear, i'm soo pissed off right now. My gf said that i should've kept *****ing and make a scene if they still refused to fix it. But i was WAY too pissed, i wanted to fuking kick that fukers ass. But yea, i can't do anything about it now. I called up B-line and they'll repaint them for 100 bucks. :cry: O wells, i learned my lesson, never go back there again!! SCBMW was better.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Last Friday, I brought my car to Claridges for a Winter Special that they have where they completely drain out old coolant, change wiper blades, and check brakes.

When I brought it in, I made sure and asked if the coolant was going to be flushed out or just drained out? The service advisor told me that they would do a complete flush.

Today, I get an old lady who called to follow up. I asked her to find out whether they really did a complete flush or whether they just drained it out. She then called me to tell me that they only drained it out. I was pissed since I was told otherwise. She then tells me that the service advisor I had was new and starts to lectures me on how I really didn't even need to do this for another 2 years. I told her that I didn't care when it needed to be changed, but rather I paid to have this performed earlier. I then just hung up! What a beeaatch!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry to hear bro....

But i've always had a semi-good experience with them. Rich Deeds and Brian Glau gets my :thumbsup:

I make sure I let them know that the car is lowered, has a body kit, and to note that on the service documents.

About them not liking "asian" people... well, I'm asian. To be honest, sometimes "asian" people make the most ridiculous requests (i.e. my parents). A lot of "asians" are cheap bastards and aren't willing to pay for stuff even when they know they should (i.e. my parents). I'm not bagging on us "asians" but, if I had to deal with people like my parents, i'd rip my eyes out!

I'm quite understanding and if there's a problem they feel they shouldn't fix, i require a full WRITTEN explanation. Just my $.02; sorry to hear though Pat, when you get the BMWNA rep calls you to rate their service, remember to give them a "1" rating and use SPECIFIC names.

- Jason

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those service advisers at CLARIDGE are *******s. My bro brought he car their for a oil change with an appointment already made. They first didn't want to do it, and my bro was telling them, I have an appointment for this day, so he kinda cuss them out and left. So these ****ERS are the worse. Like calvin28 said, they don't like Asian or kinda disrespect US. I told my bro to call BMWNA and filed a complaint about this dealership. For all the Asian , stay away from this place....

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've never had a problem there, and I've been there several times. Only complaint was I had to make 3 trips to get my power steering pump fixed. I always have them indicate the car is lowered a bit. In fact, one of the mechanics helped me figure out for no charge what the problem was with my Dinan suspension before they were a Dinan dealer.

John

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Did they give you a guys a vehicle damage report? I know at San Francisco BMW when you pull up, a guy will walk around your car and mark and note all damages on the report. The advisor gets one and you get a copy.

The first time I went there they did not do this but the 2nd time they gave it to me. I guess a lot of people were complaning about getting the car damage while in their car, thus they came out with the damage report paper for the customer.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to avoid that dealership. This is the one in Fremont right? I almost bought my car from there, glad I didn't.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've been to that dealership once for one of my inspections. My service advisor was Brian Glau. Since I'm under 21, they can't really gimme a rental car, so they were gonna drop me back home. But about 5 mins before they were gonna drop me off, he said "we could get you a bmw rental car!" ... i was like "SURE!!!" .. haha. He gave me a 325Xi.
My car was finished on the same day, but since i was havin' so much fun with their bmw rental car, i told them that I can't make it back today, and will go get my car tomorrow instead. He said OK. But before we hung up the phone, Brian told me that they scratched my right front window tint while fixing the power window. He said that the dealership would pay for it by giving me an in-store credit. I just have to show them the receipt after i get it fixed. So I faxed them the receipt..and everything is cool.
So far, Claridge still has my :thumbup:.
I dunno wut they did to you Patrick..I should have told u to ask for Brian ... damn .. feel so sorry for u man. I was the one who recommeneded Claridge to u too!! .. shiet :( my bad...
I wonder...then which dealership is good in the bay area?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts