E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out with some friends last night and we were smoking in the car. One of my friend (sitting in the rear) accidentally missed the sunroof and caught the cherry on the fabric of the roof. I know it was my stupid fault for allowing people to smoke in the car, but I guess this is a hard lesson learned. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to fix or replace the fabric roof. I'm pretty upset with having a black ashes on the fabric.

·
Obey my dog
2,575 Posts
oh man, that sucks :sad: this is why no one smokes even near my car. well that and i don't want my interior yellowed.

·
Registered
11,137 Posts
WarSong said:
oh man, that sucks :sad: this is why no one smokes even near my car. well that and i don't want my interior yellowed.
:)

amend.

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,160 Posts
I've only smoked in my car 4 times...

Bad days...

But other than that... never ever ever...

Q

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you mean black liner? the entire top can be black? Hmm, how much would you assume something like this would cost to replace?

·
Big in Japan
1,358 Posts
which panel is it? you will have to replace that panel.

Regarding the black, you can get the m3 one, however, its about $1000 dollars in parts when said and done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought the top portion of our cars were all made of some sort of fabric, not vinyl. Well, the part that is burned is in between the rear passenger seats and front passenger seats right behind the sunroof area. There are two marks, one on the trim of the sunroof, and the other is on the cloth part of the interior roof. Hope this makes more sense. Anyhow, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as far as getting this repaired. So for all of those that have already responded, thanks for your response. But keep them coming! :thumbup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Search the net. You can find liquid fabric and use it to fill in the burn. It goes on like nail polish and dries to match most fabrics. Good Luck.

·
alfisti & bimmer fan
2,090 Posts
At least you don`t own a Cabrio :eeps:

most of my friends are smokers, so i park like 100 yards away them :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
That sucks balls....I'm a smoker and i've smoked in all my cars. But i'm very carefull...None of my cars ever had a burn, a mark or anything from that...And my buddies who smoke know how i am and are very carefull in my car when i let them smoke in it...They know that they would get some serious heat from me if they ever put a mark on my interior...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts