BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Any One Had Any Experience With The Co. Chrome Intakes. They Sell Cai On Their Ebay Store And Wanted To Get Some Feedback From You Fanatics. They Offer A Cai With A K&n Filter For Like $50 . Please Let Me Know If You Have One, Or Have Heard.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I bought an intake from them last year for one of my Mustangs.

Chrome Intakes is your typical polished intake on eBay among all the rest. Their intakes are no better than other eBay intakes.

The one i got wasn't even real chrome, it's that typical cheaper polished aluminum finish.

The K&N is legit though :)

My friend used to buy loads of those cheap intakes from manufacturers in china, and distribute them to a lot of sellers here in L.A. :p

To tell you the truth, i had a cheap $35 ebay intake w/K&N on my '95 Z28, and i later bought a $220 SLP Cold Air Intake, and i didn't feel a difference between the two.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do think there is a difference in performance and sound btwn the cai and the short intakes with the heat protectant walls. I only ask cause i worry about big puddles. I live in ft lauderdale. hurricanes u know.
I bought an intake from them last year for one of my Mustangs.

Chrome Intakes is your typical polished intake on eBay among all the rest. Their intakes are no better than other eBay intakes.

The one i got wasn't even real chrome, it's that typical cheaper polished aluminum finish.

The K&N is legit though :)

My friend used to buy loads of those cheap intakes from manufacturers in china, and distribute them to a lot of sellers here in L.A. :p

To tell you the truth, i had a cheap $35 ebay intake w/K&N on my '95 Z28, and i later bought a $220 SLP Cold Air Intake, and i didn't feel a difference between the two.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well, there's a slight difference between short rams and CAIs. But not that big of a difference, esp with these cars.

Also, do you have xenons? If so, then i don't think the long ebay cold air intakes will work. You have to get either the short ram or the higher priced quality cold air intakes from the big companies which come with a bolt-on heat shield, etc.

And i wouldn't worry about storms/puddles :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man i appreciate your help. I dont hae xenons but i think ill go with the short box. probably K&N.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
maybe i just got unlucky, but i spent 50 bucks on a cai off ebay (different company however) and the fitment was terrible. and it actually ended up sucking up all my hot engine air and the car started to lag. all i'm saying is that IMO you get what you pay for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts