BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, how's it going? Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. My 330i is supposed to be here one week from today! It is hung up at the loading docks in Cali right now. Anyways, my parents are wondering what kind of mod I want for Christmas:thumbup: I ordered the sports package, gps, xenon, moonroof, clears in the front and the back, cd changer, and leather. I have the platinumvision bulbs, Bimmian interior xenon kit, and Denso Iridium plugs waiting to be installed, but I need your help picking something in the $400-$800 area. The only problem is that my parents are warranty FREAKS:sad: I need a really high quality mod with a kick-a$$ warranty. I know that Dinan is really good, but I wanted the opinions of some people that love BMW's as much as I do:D I am looking for performance more than style just because the cars already look kick-a$$ from the factory in my opinion. Please help a newbie out:D Thanks in advance to everyone who takes the time to read this and reply!

·
Registered
199 Posts
sup pal , either get the dinan cold air with Stage II or wait and get the throttle body and stage III ,or go with a nice Paddle shift M wheel , soo very nice

bottom line go with dinan

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
If you just a 330i it didnt come with clears on the sport package if you got the 330ci then it did....so you might want the money for clears!

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
You could do exhaust because I doubt there is any way a dealership could say you voided your warranty by changing the exhaust out for a different one.

The Dinan route is the best way to go if you want toavoid warranty problems. I had the Stage 3 Sw, throttel body and intake installed and it made a great difference in the cars responsiveness(sp?). I swapped in the Gruppe M intake and did get better performance but If you have a picky dealership they might frown on a non-Dinan intake.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
rkaufman said:
Hey guys, how's it going? Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. My 330i is supposed to be here one week from today! It is hung up at the loading docks in Cali right now. Anyways, my parents are wondering what kind of mod I want for Christmas:thumbup: I ordered the sports package, gps, xenon, moonroof, clears in the front and the back, cd changer, and leather. I have the platinumvision bulbs, Bimmian interior xenon kit, and Denso Iridium plugs waiting to be installed, but I need your help picking something in the $400-$800 area. The only problem is that my parents are warranty FREAKS:sad: I need a really high quality mod with a kick-a$$ warranty. I know that Dinan is really good, but I wanted the opinions of some people that love BMW's as much as I do:D I am looking for performance more than style just because the cars already look kick-a$$ from the factory in my opinion. Please help a newbie out:D Thanks in advance to everyone who takes the time to read this and reply!
You will probably have a hard time finding a mod that expensive that wont void the warranty of your car. If you mess with any performance enhacnement stuff, i have heard you void the warranty on the engine.... that is why I have not modded anything like that in my car.

Ian

·
'a certain moderator'
38,212 Posts
they have to prove the mod is what caused the problem, and exhaust, as said before, would most likely not cause any problem, let alone get in the way if another problem should arise. this mod will increase looks, sound, and performance, so i say this is the way to go :thumbup:

good luck

-brendan

·
Registered
207 Posts
maisenhe said:
I asked for UUC SSK ;)
me too :thumbup: lets hope the fat man or the skinny girl comes through in the clutch ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts