E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 Chalk Gray 992 Carrera C2S
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
Don't misinterpret your findings fellas. His leaving BMW is not for negative reasons. He's been w/ the company ever since '92. He'll be leaving because BMW has a specified timeframe for such execs. The next person will only be in that position for a specified length of time as well. It's the BMW way!
 

·
Lying, drunken cheat
Joined
·
4,290 Posts
M3Inline6 said:
Don't misinterpret your findings fellas. His leaving BMW is not for negative reasons. He's been w/ the company ever since '92. He'll be leaving because BMW has a specified timeframe for such execs. The next person will only be in that position for a specified length of time as well. It's the BMW way!
That's exactly what I was thinking. Seems to me that each lead designer really only gets one crack at a line of models (although they may assist or contribute greatly to a prior line), and then they step down.
 

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 Chalk Gray 992 Carrera C2S
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
BMWE46 said:
I think it is a good idea to get new/fresh designs into the mix.
This I agree! I've never had a problem w/ Bangle, so I hope the new person that replaces him will have a good eye for style. Bangles designs are going to be at the forefront of BMW until probably '07 or '08!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
M3Inline6 said:
Don't misinterpret your findings fellas. His leaving BMW is not for negative reasons. He's been w/ the company ever since '92. He'll be leaving because BMW has a specified timeframe for such execs. The next person will only be in that position for a specified length of time as well. It's the BMW way!
Good point! I assume the person replacing Bangle is already in a fairly high design position at BMW? I also imagine that BMW has a pretty good idea how they want the next generation cars to look as well since they plan further then one generation out. I think his designs will grow on us. I know I find the new 7 and 5 series much more interesting to look at then the competition. My biggest gripe is I-Drive.
 
G

·
MarkY said:
Good point! I assume the person replacing Bangle is already in a fairly high design position at BMW? I also imagine that BMW has a pretty good idea how they want the next generation cars to look as well since they plan further then one generation out. I think his designs will grow on us. I know I find the new 7 and 5 series much more interesting to look at then the competition. My biggest gripe is I-Drive.
That's a proper assumption to make. Since they have this reoccurring process, I'd assume they know who will be replacing the current design Chief long before retiring. I too love the 7 & 5. Always have!

As far as I-Drive, I haven't used it in depth yet, but I'm sure updates to the software (starting this year) will make it better. The new I-Drive was rumored to be better than those first introduced into the 7-series. Now w/ the addition of the Nav which is available this year, and H.U.D., it should be great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
I like the 7 alot, and the 5 is nice as well (amazing with the bryton kit).
I think BMW needs to replace thier Wheel designer, not the body designer..

There are only like 3 OEM wheels that I like.. and they all have the M logo on them :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
Justin said:
I think BMW needs to replace thier Wheel designer, not the body designer..

There are only like 3 OEM wheels that I like.. and they all have the M logo on them :p
Agreed, 100%. If BMW is going to stick with these soft brake pads that displace so much brake dust, they need to start making wheels that are easier to clean!
 

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
Joined
·
4,164 Posts
Good I'm glad he is gone, he has done way more that I hated then things I've liked. His best design was the E46 which wasnt all his anyway. Other then that all his other designs have big flaws in them. Especially the new 6 I hate how that car look. The nose is way too weak and the trunk is way to pronounced.
 

·
www.piratecove.org
Joined
·
3,613 Posts
They need to flat out fire the guy that designs rims for BMW.

I am totally sick and tired of seeing the new six series with those fruity 4ss rims on there.

I actually have some shallow car people come and say 'That 6 would look nice if the rims wernt so stupid' I mean I can look past the rims...but many cant!
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top