E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is for automatic cars only~
i understand how manual cars can chirp

but recently someone on the forums wrote that he could chirp once from the switching of gears

automatic normally starts off on 2nd gear and shifts to 3rd...

i jst dont understand how to chirp from 2nd to 3rd then or even 1st to 2nd from step or sport mode. (in automatic cars)

any ideas?

also.. he had a 2000 323i auto... and apparently i have the same car but never experienced the chirp~

·
Registered
0 Posts
xchromex said:

but recently someone on the forums wrote that he could chirp once from the switching of gears

i jst dont understand how to chirp from 2nd to 3rd then or even 1st to 2nd from step or sport mode. (in automatic cars)

any ideas?

also.. he had a 2000 323i auto... and apparently i have the same car but never experienced the chirp~

i think he has the bird mod.... search it :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,822 Posts
i dont think its possible, maybe from a stop, if ur tires suck and u torque rev enough

·
Registered
146 Posts
I used to put my truck in nuetral rev up the engine and then dump it into gear. Not the wisest thing to do but about the only way to make an auto do any kind of burn out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
HSRZHP said:
I used to put my truck in nuetral rev up the engine and then dump it into gear. Not the wisest thing to do but about the only way to make an auto do any kind of burn out.

hes not asking how to burnout, he asking how to get his car to spin the tires (chirp) while switching gears.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I can't chirp tires when shifting from 1st to 2nd with 5 speed 330i.
My old 115 hp jetta could do it.

Must be damn CDV

·
Registered
19,822 Posts
i dont even think AMG cars with there massive torque chirp when changing gears

·
Registered
30 Posts
xchromex said:

any ideas?

Haha! That was me. And yes, my tires aren't the best. However, I have a 328i which has considerably more torque than a 323.

The automatic is a strange creature. Sometimes it accelerates like an F16 on take off, and other times I can watch as a minivan takes me from the line. :dunno: When it does launch, that's when I get a chirp. After the initial overdrive kicks in, it quickly shifts to the next gear causing the car to really jerk and that's when I hear the second chirp. But like I said, it doesn't happen EVERY time so don't beat yourself up for not getting it.

·
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai
2,406 Posts
croat said:
I can't chirp tires when shifting from 1st to 2nd with 5 speed 330i.
My old 115 hp jetta could do it.

Must be damn CDV
uhhh... try harder..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hmm you guys cant break the tires loose putting it is SD (so it takes off in 1st gear), as well as completely disabling DCS??? I have no problem doing it and I have relatively new tires... havent tried a 1-2 shift though, will try it...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey, to turn off DSC completely you hold the button for 15 seconds right? How do you enable it again after you disable it this way? Just hit the button again?

·
Registered
19,822 Posts
Shmeal said:
Hey, to turn off DSC completely you hold the button for 15 seconds right? How do you enable it again after you disable it this way? Just hit the button again?
push it once, then push and hold it again for like 10 seconds, the brake light will come on meaning DSC is totally off, to turn it back on just push DSC again

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
when driving in step mode
placing it in first gear will make acceleration faster obviously
but instead of me shifting it... will it automatically itself if i kickdown from first gear(stepmode)???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts