BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around FOREVER for a chip or for the Shark Injector. I wanted some opinions on each. I heard with the injector, the car feels sharper! I just dont like the fact that with the injector you can't update it and you cant resell it cuz he only sticks with the first VIN # it recieves. So I wouldnt be able to undate it if I got euro heads etc. I have my own CUSTOM BUILT EXHAUST thats going on sometime this week! Thanks to Da Vinci Motorworks. If someone posts on how to put a sound/video clip up here Ill do it and you guys can hear it!

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
If you got software from any other company and had it downloaded to your ECU you couldn't sell that either, so what's the difference with the Shark Injector? :dunno:

·
Registered
771 Posts
just got off the phone with powerchips.
they claim 10hp on the zhp. and will keep you posted of any updates
after your installed you can send it back to them and they will
update for free.
alos told me if the dealer flashes you ecu they will install back for free.
im going to send mine next week and will only take 1 day.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bm2u said:
update for free.

Whats the Powerchip website?

·
Registered
132 Posts
bm2u said:
update for free.

problem is how do you know if the software has been overwritten?

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
Most, if not all aftermarket software raises the rev limiter. So all you have to do to test it out is to take the car to redline, and see if the limiter kicks in at the factory spot, or if you can go further...

·
Registered
132 Posts
not for us step owners. i asked powerchip how i could test the software was still engaged and they said for a 325i step owner that there was no real way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
RhaceM3,
I think you are mixing up the old way of updating software with the modern way. In the past there was a chip you could buy and replace the stock one to gain performance inprovments. In the newer day of computers everything is done by reprogramming the ECU. With the newer ECU programming, you canot sell it no matter who you buy from.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jettore said:
RhaceM3,
I think you are mixing up the old way of updating software with the modern way. In the past there was a chip you could buy and replace the stock one to gain performance inprovments. In the newer day of computers everything is done by reprogramming the ECU. With the newer ECU programming, you canot sell it no matter who you buy from.

Im not worried about reselling it. My only worry is that I will later upgrad my cats and headers to Euro and then the injector will be not be optimized :cry:

·
Registered
771 Posts
RhaceM3 said:
Im not worried about reselling it. My only worry is that I will later upgrad my cats and headers to Euro and then the injector will be not be optimized :cry:
you can send the chip back and they will re program for free

1 - 12 of 12 Posts