BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a window tint shop somewhere on the North Shore and a possible price I could expect to pay? Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm in the northshore area, and I'm thinking about going to Car Boutique up in Wheeling, IL. I'm still contemplating getting it done just because doing your front windows is illegal, and I think a half tint job looks like ass..

Not sure what the price is - I'd guess around $250?

fst twch said:
Can anyone recommend a window tint shop somewhere on the North Shore and a possible price I could expect to pay? Thanks

·
Lord of the 4 Rings
126 Posts
I just got my exhaust installed by Car Boutique, and I was looking at their tint prices and I didn't recognize the brand. I want 3M or some other brand name myself. I'm looking at a place in the city River North Detailing that will do it for around $250, and at East Bank Club (if you're a member by chance) the guys in the detail shop in the garage will do it for around $200 or less (3M). Otherwise, I think Car Boutique is a solid shop if you don't care about the brand of tint

·
Registered
109 Posts
Car Botique is a ripoff!!! It is by far the most overpriced shop in chicago, only close is drivers image. there are plenty of other places you can get you windows tinted, using quality materials for cheap. look in the yellow pages under window tinting. or call your local car wash where you detail your car, they should know someone. if you are by wheeling, call up finish line in deerfield or buffalo grove. great serivce, great product.

·
Lord of the 4 Rings
126 Posts
Car boutique installed my exhaust for $50. I don't know about their tinting, but I definitely didn't get ripped off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pnut4912 said:
Car Botique is a ripoff!!! It is by far the most overpriced shop in chicago, only close is drivers image. there are plenty of other places you can get you windows tinted, using quality materials for cheap. look in the yellow pages under window tinting. or call your local car wash where you detail your car, they should know someone. if you are by wheeling, call up finish line in deerfield or buffalo grove. great serivce, great product.
Thanks, I'm roughly 2 minutes from Car Boutique and I went to them for something else several years ago and was shocked by some of their high prices. I'll try Finish Line.

Btw, I see you have the Mutec kit, it must be a Chicago thing - I have the sides, couldn't get the front, Bav auto kept jerking me around. Thanks again.

·
blackonblack
269 Posts
I have heard something about shaded days inj Lake Bluff.

I was planning on getting my tints done there as well...but let me know how your venture turns out.

sig.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I haven't tried Finish Line - I'll look them up.

I've bought a couple of things for my e36 at Car Boutique - they didn't seem overly high priced at the time. Haven't had them do any installation work - is that what you found expensive?

Mutec must be a Chicago thing - I'm thinking about doing it myself. Not too sure about their rims, but I like the rest of the kit. What eventually happened w/ Bav Auto? Gave up? What was the problem?

fst twch said:

Thanks, I'm roughly 2 minutes from Car Boutique and I went to them for something else several years ago and was shocked by some of their high prices. I'll try Finish Line.

Btw, I see you have the Mutec kit, it must be a Chicago thing - I have the sides, couldn't get the front, Bav auto kept jerking me around. Thanks again.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Try Leo Franchi's Midwest Motorworks up in Glenview, IL. He's by far one of the THE most knowledgable bmw tuners in the midwest. Nearly all of the WindyCity BMW CCA members use his shop.

He used to be a Dinan dealer, but now supports UUC and a couple others. His labor rates are a bit pricey, but that's because you can pretty much guarantee its done right the first time.

His website is quite outdated, but it has the contact info:

http://www.midwestmotorsport.com

abefroman said:
Are there any good places in the chicago area to buy mods? (Exhaust, intake, chip, etc)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
drgalleg said:
I haven't tried Finish Line - I'll look them up.

I've bought a couple of things for my e36 at Car Boutique - they didn't seem overly high priced at the time. Haven't had them do any installation work - is that what you found expensive?

Mutec must be a Chicago thing - I'm thinking about doing it myself. Not too sure about their rims, but I like the rest of the kit. What eventually happened w/ Bav Auto? Gave up? What was the problem?

Everytime I called Bav about the kit it was another 2 weeks or a month or 2 months, I just gave up and went with the aero front end and Mutec skirts (which also took forever to get).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Car Boutiques prices are high, esp if you dont by the item from them. If you do item + install still is relatively high IMO. THe full name of the shop if Grad Prix Finish Line in buffalo grove or deerfield. there are other out there that are prob cheaper, thats just the one i went to for my old car. this time i had a friend who does it for a company come out and do a side job. anyways, i found bav auto to be extreemly helpful. they had a special goin on the full kit, so i picked that up, and asked about rim deals too. they went on to tell me that they had just ended, and now the kit was on sale. i told em ill buy the full kit on special and the 19" rims as well all right now if they could give me the special price on the wheel set as well. done. then i get a call 2 days later saying that the tires on my wheels were backordered, so i call my local tire shop to see if i could pick them up from him, and was informed the old pirellis were discontinued. i called bav auto right back and they said they were unaware of this, and then went ahead and sent me the higher end yokos at the cheaper pirelli price, which was discounted still! guess i just got lucky.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No way forget all that im gonna get my tints soon. There is this asain guy who has a shop in chicago and he is real good with all this type of stuff meaning body work and audio work. He does tints really cheap. He is on western north of brynmarr. Its a really good shop. I have to get back to you with the name of it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Are you talking about Jason L? He owns a detail/car wash place up on North Ave. He's a longtime Bimmer CCA member. I think he still drives a silver supercharged e36.

Casper Ci said:
No way forget all that im gonna get my tints soon. There is this asain guy who has a shop in chicago and he is real good with all this type of stuff meaning body work and audio work. He does tints really cheap. He is on western north of brynmarr. Its a really good shop. I have to get back to you with the name of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts