49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Italian driver of German
1,264 Posts
Here's a brand spanking new BMW M3 that was in a fresh water street flood while on display at a Texas BMW dealership. This is an insurance claim settlement vehicle and it will be sold with a salvage title. We do not know how long or how deep it was submerged. Has been professionally cleaned and detailed, there are no odors or mildew.
At least it wont be stinky... :rolleyes:

The bold part gets me though... :tsk:

·
Registered
442 Posts
it really gets me that people like them will try and capitilize on the desire of owning an M3 :tsk: the car has a salvaged title, if anybody here has ever owned a car with a salvaged title knows insurance isn't easy. this car is only worth being parted out. for crying out loud the dealer has already been paid for the dang car and now there just trying to turn an extra dollar:mad: :thumbdwn:
no warrenty! even they don't think the car is worth it, why would somebody pay anything over a 1,000?
run don't walk from this one.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
would make a good projekt race car.... someone buy this, strip it down to bare essentials, add a rollcage and work over the engine hardcore :thumbup:

-brendan

·
Registered
337 Posts
Flood Damaged Car

lilbimmerboy,
I looked at a Flood damaged car before i bought mine. A lady bought it in Canada, drove it to Texas where title was salvaged because of a flood. It had 2000Km , xenons, etc. I went to check it out, the guy had the windows all down (I wonder why?), missing peices from inside, couple of dings, and knock sound from the transmission.
It was tempting for one second on the internet, but once you see it..not a bit. No warranty on anything, can you imagine that? Do you know how many electric wires run throughout the M3 or any E46? WHo wants to deal with meldew screwing up the electronics in your car? Think of water (wether fresh, salt, purified or whatever)
inside your entire exhaust system, in your fuse box, in your carpet, in the OBD outlets, cluster....well they might say, oh water was up to the doors..yeah right...as if you are going to find out. As far as you're concerned, imagine dipping your M3 in a pool of "fresh" water for God knows how long, then dry it out, then sell it for $40,000.00 hmmmm
In summary...stay away (my .02$):tsk:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Flood Damaged Car

HiMiles said:
lilbimmerboy,
I looked at a Flood damaged car before i bought mine. A lady bought it in Canada, drove it to Texas where title was salvaged because of a flood. It had 2000Km , xenons, etc. I went to check it out, the guy had the windows all down (I wonder why?), missing peices from inside, couple of dings, and knock sound from the transmission.
It was tempting for one second on the internet, but once you see it..not a bit. No warranty on anything, can you imagine that? Do you know how many electric wires run throughout the M3 or any E46? WHo wants to deal with meldew screwing up the electronics in your car? Think of water (wether fresh, salt, purified or whatever)
inside your entire exhaust system, in your fuse box, in your carpet, in the OBD outlets, cluster....well they might say, oh water was up to the doors..yeah right...as if you are going to find out. As far as you're concerned, imagine dipping your M3 in a pool of "fresh" water for God knows how long, then dry it out, then sell it for $40,000.00 hmmmm
Im going to stay away..Thanks man..I appretiate all these replies

·
933 Posts
Re: Flood Damaged Car

HiMiles said:
lilbimmerboy,
This car is also from Texas.. is it the same car?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts