BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my check engine soon light came on one day.stayed on for about 2 days.i checked and played with my gas cap hoping this was thr problem and it stayed on.then my dad drove it one morning and it was off.stayed off for 5 days.then i was driving it and it came back on.what the hell? :facepalm: obviously im going to bring it to autozone tommorow to have them check it and see if any codes come up.has this happened to anyone?should i be worried?i love my baby (2002 325ci)and want to make sure shes ok and fix whatever if any problem their are.please help

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
check the codes, maybe something is loose

·
Registered
708 Posts
get to Autozone and have them hook their scanner up, then come back and post up the codes. There are people on here with 15 lbs brains for this stuff... best of luck

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you guys for your help im going to autozone in a little while to get the codes and then ill post them.i guess auto zone doesnt tell me what the codes mean they just give me the codes?since its free

·
Registered
65 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Turned out to be a torn air boot. Codes didn't really tell me anything but maybe you'll have better luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts