BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hmm:does the check engine light always come one before start up? or only when there needs something to be done???

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,732 Posts
The light will always come on in the first couple key positions. If it remains lit once the car is started (actually running), there will be fault codes to read.

Please read the "Everything you need to know about Peake Tools" article linked in my sig, or the 'Unraveling the Check Engine Light Mystery' article found on the home page here at E46Fanatics.

If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly - [email protected]

Ken

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The light will always come on in the first couple key positions. If it remains lit once the car is started (actually running), there will be fault codes to read.

Please read the "Everything you need to know about Peake Tools" article linked in my sig, or the 'Unraveling the Check Engine Light Mystery' article found on the home page here at E46Fanatics.

If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly - [email protected]

Ken
:thumbsup:Thanks 4 the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts