BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light went on...I'm away from home so i went to an autozone and they ran their analysis toy. It came up with "Purge Flow fault." Is this the infamous loose gas cap? Otherwise, I will stop by the dealer next week.

·
• DFW •
2,754 Posts
hm not sure, did they at least reset it??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they reset it.

I just talked to the dealer and they said a "loose gas cap" will give a more general fault message, but indicated that Purge flow is connected to the ventilation system and as such it probably is the loose gas cap.

In any case, if it comes back I bring her in.

Those fault reader toys are pretty cool. I may have to get one just for kicks.

·
• DFW •
2,754 Posts
watch for a group buy on obdII.com software, allows you to see all that good stuff. do a search and sign up. Im in the group buy too.

good luck

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
If they ran it, why didnt they just reset it there?

ErnScott said:
Check engine light went on...I'm away from home so i went to an autozone and they ran their analysis toy. It came up with "Purge Flow fault." Is this the infamous loose gas cap? Otherwise, I will stop by the dealer next week.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I'm finalizing the review of OBD-II.com hardware

With the holidays and weekend shopping, I haven't had time to do a final write-up. I will post a group buy when I'm done. I'm going to push to get it finished this week.

vids_blk323Ci said:
watch for a group buy on obdII.com software, allows you to see all that good stuff. do a search and sign up. Im in the group buy too.

good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts