E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you Massachusetts drivers...we all know we get ripped off in MA (esp. Boston) when it comes to auto insurance. To assist in my never-ending crusade to lower my monthly expenses, can the MA people post where you get your insurance and what your rates are per year? :D If we have enough postings, we can see what the consensus is for best insurance rates, and we can help ourselves save a lot of money! :thumbup:

I currently go through a no-name insurance agency (Gorman Insurance in Allston).

Step: 10
Car: 325ci
Yrs Driving: 7
Accidents: none
Tickets: 1
Cost per year: $1,684

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
hahaah.....I know the owner of Gorman Insurance personally. Dave Gorman, he's a good sh*t.

Man, $1684/yr at 23 years old for a Ci is not bad at all. I honestly don't think you're going to do much better. Currently I use USAA, a big national firm based out of Texas. They SUCK DONKEY DICK.

I'm switching to a local small carrier on the Cape.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got a quote for a 330i from KW Insurance using Premier. It would be just about $2000 per year but this is with a $1000 deductible. :eek:

I am 22yrs old with a clean driving record, step 11.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I think I pay about $1600, 26y/o step 11, 330i in a suburb of Boston.

I don't think I'd buy insurance based on how cheap it is, I'd be more concerned about the quality of the company and how they'll stand behind you...

Chip-

·
Registered
86 Posts
$2100 per yr
step 14..i think
28yrs old/ driving 12yrs
suburb of Boston

isn't there a cap on ins rate in MA??

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
Step: 11
Car: 330ci
Yrs Driving: 6
Accidents: none
Tickets: 1 in CT (my insurance company is not aware of it)
Cost per year: $1,067 (price includes 11% discount through my employer)
Ins. Company: MetLife
Deductible: $500

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey AndyXXL,

I can get a 3% discount through work for Metlife, but they quoted me $1700 a year. We are almost identical (except you have ~40 more hp ;) ). Even without your discount: $1067 x 1.11 = $1184, that's ridiculously cheap!

How did you pull it off?

·
Registered
48 Posts
A lot of it has to do with the town you live in.

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
325_Black_Coupe said:
Hey AndyXXL,

I can get a 3% discount through work for Metlife, but they quoted me $1700 a year. We are almost identical (except you have ~40 more hp ;) ). Even without your discount: $1067 x 1.11 = $1184, that's ridiculously cheap!

How did you pull it off?
There's a huge price difference in premium between Allston and Burlington :)
I moved there a month ago from Malden where I used to pay $2100 a year.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My premium is $2707 with Arbella Mutual. 22 yrs old, driving for 6 yrs, Step 15 (got in a few fender benders back in the day :banghead: ) Although I'm appealing one case where the stupid B**** claimed I rear ended her even though I didn't touch her! I live in the North Shore area

·
The Man
328 Posts
BobbyGibson said:
My premium is $2707 with Arbella Mutual. 22 yrs old, driving for 6 yrs, Step 15 (got in a few fender benders back in the day :banghead: ) Although I'm appealing one case where the stupid B**** claimed I rear ended her even though I didn't touch her! I live in the North Shore area
I was about to start *****ing about my insurance till I read your sorry man

$2150
Step: 18
Pending ticket received on Jan 31, 03 (i know, end of the month)
24 yrs old, cambridge, MA (ghetto area)
MetLife (reduced rate through benefits at work)

So if I lost my job and I lose my appeal to that speeding ticket i am thinking about $2500 a year.

My cousing just moved to RI, bought a newer used car for himself and then bought his wife a car and is paying less for both cars than what he was paying in cambridge, MA of only 1 car. You know they are pocketing a **** load of that money

1 - 12 of 12 Posts