E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
542 Posts
It's one of the rare ZHPs with the 'sports package!'
I would spend a little more and grab one with fewer miles.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Am I the only one that cleans my tailpipes regularly on my ZHP? They're really shiny and good looking. Every ZHP I've seen for sale always has an extremely dirty and ugly tailpipe.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I clean my factory chorme tips and its not even a ZHP. And the high mileage factor people are going to have to get over because the older these cars get the more mileage theyre gonna have. over 250,000 on mine and it sees the redline all the time. When it throws a rod Ill rebuild the engine, Im not worried about it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Everyone's worrying about the mileage check out that alacantra interior :O

·
Registered
176 Posts
Am I the only one that cleans my tailpipes regularly on my ZHP? They're really shiny and good looking. Every ZHP I've seen for sale always has an extremely dirty and ugly tailpipe.
How do you clean them? Everything on mine is pristine except that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I hate when people use the term "bi-xenon". They are clearly regular xenons... a single projector low-beam bulb and a reflector for the high-beam. A bi-xenon would have two projectors (get it? "bi" = two)

same way you'd clean any other tail pipes. with soap and water then some metal polish
I use some wadding polish (NEVR-DULL)... good shiet.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I polish/clean the tips. Use Sonax or P21S wheel cleaner, or car wash soap/automotive degreaser to start with and follow up with P21S Metal Polishing Soap. The ZHP tips come out much better than the chrome and matte double walled tips that other E46s and E90s have. :shhh:

I hate when people use the term "bi-xenon". They are clearly regular xenons... a single projector low-beam bulb and a reflector for the high-beam. A bi-xenon would have two projectors (get it? "bi" = two)
You serious? Bi-Xenon means high and low beam, it is the correct name for what the car has. You're probably trolling though...

·
Registered
238 Posts
You serious? Bi-Xenon means high and low beam, it is the correct name for what the car has. You're probably trolling though...
Explain. The low-beam is a Xenon projector... the high beam is clearly a reflector with a regular halogen bulb.

I get how a bi-xenon uses both the low and high beam in one bulb, but that isn't the case with our cars... but then again I've never looked at the Xenon bulb in our cars.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Explain. The low-beam is a Xenon projector... the high beam is clearly a reflector with a regular halogen bulb.

I get how a bi-xenon uses both the low and high beam in one bulb, but that isn't the case with our cars... but then again I've never looked at the Xenon bulb in our cars.
Early E46s were not bi-xenon and did not come advertised as such. Later E46s have bi-xenons (If they have xenons). When you flick the high beam stalk, a shutter opens inside the projector that lets more light through the same, single xenon projector. Early E46s have a fixed shutter, and halogen high beams.

You're digging yourself a hole.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a magnaflow catback and I clean my tips every time I clean my car cause they look sexy when they're shiny

·
Registered
121 Posts

You must really hate yourself.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Can someone show me some actual BMW documentation stating the definition of bi-xenon? I have xenon's on my 330i which serve as both the low and high beams. They say dynamic xenon on them and my build sheet just says 'Xenon Headlights' on it. I was under the impression that bi-xenon indicated the adaptive, swiveling xenon headlights available as an option on m3s (and facelift coupes?)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts