BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
'a certain moderator'
38,192 Posts
SSK from Jon, user "traumamc", i have to say he has good prices on UUC goods :thumbup: . a great guy to deal with, glad to send business his way

-brendan

·
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch
3,415 Posts
if you want a really cheap ssk. Just cut your stock shifter. I seen it done on Hondas. I bet it becomes notchy as hell, but hey it's cheap.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,192 Posts
garrett, post pics of this OBX iron shift gate, would love to see that on an E46 :D :lmao:

-brendan

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well what I want to know is it a stock shift just cut shorter? Cuz thats not a shorter throw....and the reason I am suspisous is the auction says "OEM BMW Parts"....hmmmm???

·
Registered
444 Posts
That part is the stock E36/7 shifter. It still has all the rubber bushings and plastic ball of your current shifter so it will shorten the throw but not take the slop out of the shift. You can buy that part from BMW dealers for about 32$. Don't waste your money on it. And all so don't cut your shifter that was a good idea in the 30's but not now. I say go for a UUC SSK or something else like it and you will be happy.

·
• DFW •
2,747 Posts

·
Still around...
1,788 Posts
IMO, go with the UUC SSK, and grab the BigBoy Clutch Stop while your at it.. Those two mods work wonders. :thumbup:

Or you could always make your own clutch stop, as many will add to my reply... :confused:

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,579 Posts
David328Ci said:
if you want a really cheap ssk. Just cut your stock shifter. I seen it done on Hondas. I bet it becomes notchy as hell, but hey it's cheap.
I might be a guinea pig for this "cutting" edge method. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts