E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'04 330Cic | '03 325iT
107 Posts
I did a custom magnaflow setup for “cheap.” The magnaflow 14385 is a resonated x-pipe that I put at the front section, straight pipe in the middle, and double mufflers at the rear (2 side by side magnaflow 10425s). My car started out straight piped when I bought it and would crackle and pop when you lifted the throttle on top of waking up the neighbors on a cold start. It sounds nearly the same, just at a more suitable decibel level and no crackles. Perfectly street-able - you can make it loud or make it quiet based on driving habits...

I made out under $350 with it installed if you don’t include me going overboard on fancy exhaust tips.

·
Registered
'04 330Cic | '03 325iT
107 Posts
Yeah, obviously don't put an exhaust on your car if you've not made sure it's up to date on maintenance first. I just assumed that was a given... That $500 exhaust is worth about $100 used (if that) if you break your car out of neglect in other areas. That same $500 can get you VERY solidly set up in terms of tools and basic services and maintenance if that's not already squared away.

I drove mine home 100 miles from the purchase location, so you'd think on some level it was "fine" for a while... I still had multiple thousands in repairs to complete before I touched any fun stuff. (I knew what I was getting into when I bought this specific care, so that wasn't a surprise.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.