BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I’m looking to get some better sound from my 325i, but not sure what to get. I’d like to get a direct fit so I can just diy the install, but many are 800+ dollars. I’m trying to find a good tone at sub $600 that’s loud enough to prove a point but not overly obnoxious. I was thinking a Scorpion, DMS, or a Supersprint. I don’t want to get new headers yet, and I don’t care if the center res is deleted or not. I can’t find much on these exhausts if they’d sound good with some volume but not too loud. Any help is appreciated, and recommendations would be great.

Edit: I’ve looked more into the Rogue Ikon/ DMS and I’m really digging the sound. Is there any real difference between the two considering the DMS is $100 more?

DMS E46 Exhaust
IKON E46 Exhaust

·
Registered
2003 BMW 325i
6 Posts
For my 325I I got it straight piped from the cats back and got a Mishimoto performance intake (the straight pipe gave it the loudness, the intake gave it the sound), and it sounds pretty good and loud in my opinion. It was around $400 in total, although I don't get any pops and only get a few crackles when slowing down. (I kept the smaller resonator/middle muffler in the middle, thinking about getting it removed for a true straight pipe and maybe more crackles(?)). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For my 325I I got it straight piped from the cats back and got a Mishimoto performance intake (the straight pipe gave it the loudness, the intake gave it the sound), and it sounds pretty good and loud in my opinion. It was around $400 in total, although I don't get any pops and only get a few crackles when slowing down. (I kept the smaller resonator/middle muffler in the middle, thinking about getting it removed for a true straight pipe and maybe more crackles(?)). Hope this helps.
I’d love to straight pipe it, but where I live it’d fail inspections and cops usually fine you if they don’t see any mufflers and you can’t prove you’ve got one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts