E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want my car to have heated seats...
I found the same car at the pick and pull yard with heated seats.i bought the seats. But of course I need more than the seats to get the functionality.
I'm thinking wiring/harness? Could my car have the harness all ready installed but laying dormant and tucked away?
Any guidance would be appreciated...the pick and pull yard car could be gone any day...
Anyone with this experience can shine light on this project for me to get the heated seats?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'01 325XiT (m54b30) , '03 M3 (3 pedals)
349 Posts
I haven't looked into it, but try a "bmw e46 heated seat retrofit" google search. I bet you'll find some good info.

·
Registered
123 Posts
3 wires from the yellow seat connector to the center console (after you change it to the one that has heated seat button) for each side

when you pull the heated seats from the junkyard, take the center console + pigtail as well as the pig tail from the yellow seat connector (2) from both ends. X to X, Y to Y, Z to Z and done

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3 wires from the yellow seat connector to the center console (after you change it to the one that has heated seat button) for each side

when you pull the heated seats from the junkyard, take the center console + pigtail as well as the pig tail from the yellow seat connector (2) from both ends. X to X, Y to Y, Z to Z and done
Man,,, I wish I could interpret...I'm not well versed. Do I have to cut open the donor car's carpet?
I've already installed the seats in my car. All connected functions work well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Man,,, I wish I could interpret...I'm not well versed. Do I have to cut open the donor car's carpet?
I've already installed the seats in my car. All connected functions work well.

Cut the connectors of the donor seat connectors and the connector of the donor heated seat center console button.
Depin the 3 pins related to heated seats. Add those pins to your seat connector.
Run new cables to connect the 3 cables from connector to back of connector of the heated seat center console button.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cut the connectors of the donor seat connectors and the connector of the donor heated seat center console button.
Depin the 3 pins related to heated seats. Add those pins to your seat connector.
Run new cables to connect the 3 cables from connector to back of connector of the heated seat center console button.
I think I understand...what you describe is retrofitting for each... I can see that, I mean, I could do it for just the driver seat!
My thought was to use the existing wiring. Maybe transplant donor harness to my car...or separate out those 3 wires and transplant them in my car...idk.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002, BMW 330i
6 Posts
This is the perfect thread for me, I had traded my built Honda for a 05 330i with CWP so it had heated seats that were also the 10 way power sport seats. Swapped seats over into my daily which is an 02 330i because old ones were in bad condition and I figured I'd want to wire in the seats eventually. From what I see all I need is the switch panel and to run the 3 wires to seats from that?

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is the perfect thread for me, I had traded my built Honda for a 05 330i with CWP so it had heated seats that were also the 10 way power sport seats. Swapped seats over into my daily which is an 02 330i because old ones were in bad condition and I figured I'd want to wire in the seats eventually. From what I see all I need is the switch panel and to run the 3 wires to seats from that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts