BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to the Group,

Quick question for all you interior fanatics (coolest group of fanatics on the planet, by the way):

I was considering changing the whole interior from gray to black on a 2001 330ci. Does anyone know of a place (I'm in LA) that can do that? I presume it would include dyeing the vinyl panels and re-upholstering the seats, and switching in new carpet. Any ideas at all on total cost estimate? :dunno: I've heard $750- $1000 total.

Any thoughts, referrals heartily welcomed and appreciated.

E46's rock,
Benjamin

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have black interior and wished i had gray:banghead: :dunno:

·
Believe it!!!
847 Posts
whoa... well. maybe u can swap.. with someone who will want to change with you... an eye for an eye.. w/o paying for anything than labor.. of switching the two interiors..

·
pinoyfanatic
9,214 Posts
This is just an odd fact....Black interiors are harder to clean and keep clean than grey...:eeps: You see every spect of dirt/dust on it. IMO.....I'd stick with gray or just do 2-tone on your seats & panels .:thumbup: But keep the floor gray....just get black floor mats :tongue:

·
Law Enforcer
2,502 Posts
I don't agree that black is harder to keep clean than grey when it comes to interiors. To be honest, the light colored grey parts of the car always show dirt, more so than the black. I don't have a problem w/ my black interior at all. To be quite honest, driving w/ your windows down alot aids in helping an interior get dustier, especially the headliner and the door sills where the seatbelts are.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
i say 2 tone it, if ur gonna go to all that trouble, might as well make a sweet mod out of it!

-brendan

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
i have gray and when my hands are dirty and i touch the armrest it becomes all brown. SO now i have a brown armrest

1 - 9 of 9 Posts