BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my vinyl armrest to a leather version. I ordered the leather
armrest pad which can be bought separately. So instead of having to install the whole console I'm just going to replace the armrest portion.

Has anyone done this? I've seen the directions for the removal of the whole console but I don't need to replace the whole thing just the armrest portion.
I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. I found the instructions to replacing the whole console but I need instructions just on the armrest replacement.

Thanks for your help.

TT

·
Registered
121 Posts
First you have to remove the rear ash tray, the insert with sliding cover, and this piece

Once those are removed, take out the springs on both sides of the arm rest that were covered by the piece pictures above.

Now raise the arm rest so you can see the bottom of it and take out the big center plastic piece to reveal two holes. use a small screwdriver and push it into those holes one at a time. This will cause the black pegs to come out and you can pull those out.

Once those are out you should be able to just life the arm rest out.

Sorry i have no pics but i dont have my digi cam right now. If you get lost in the description, pm me and ill help you out.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Sounds easily doable.
I'm guessing putting the new one in simply involves reversing that procedure?

Thanks much.

TT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts