BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so BMW individual (at one point) offered a wood trim called "Maple Wood Arizona sun," and I'm interested in swapping out my current trim: the steel-look (non-PP). I have black leather, so the titanium (whatever it is) looks sharp and sporty, but I've been more in the mood for more classy looks recently. i'll attempt to put a picture of it at the bottom, but:

-does anyone have this on his/her car?
-does anyone have a good picture of it on any car?
-do you think it'll look good?
-how much will it cost me? including the shifter (if possible)
-where and how would I get it?

my car is jet black (duh) and again I have black leather.

Black leather w/ Maple Wood Arizona Sun

and the link to it: http://www.bmw.com/common/images/products/individual2/innen3er1_5.jpg

you guys tell me, but i just think it looks awesome...(be honest though, please)

·
Registered
665 Posts
It does look great. I have a black interior with the myrtle wood trim and I think the wood is too dark. I would prefer a lighter wood that contrasts with the black better. I also interested...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahahahaha---damnit, now that you mention it....the jungle indeed!

anyway, I agree--the myrtle is too dark for my taste, and while I like the titanium on the black background, it's a little too "cold" for my taste...somehow I feel as though the wood feels warmer (go with me here...)

I read somewhere that some guy paid $800 for this when he ordered it WITH the rest of his Individual 3-series...I'm not sure if it will cost that much for the individual parts, or more, or what?

someone help! :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
JetBlack330xi said:
I read somewhere that some guy paid $800 for this when he ordered it WITH the rest of his Individual 3-series...I'm not sure if it will cost that much for the individual parts, or more, or what?
My set of Birch Anthracite was over $1300. Remember, when ordering alternate trim with a new car, you're only paying the difference between the price of the standard trim and the special trim, while if you're doing it after, you're paying the whole price for the special trim.

Arizona Sun trim is available for your car as long as you have a 5-speed manual (the Arizona Sun shift knob is not available for automatic transmission, 6-speed manual, or SMG).

PM or email me the last 7 characters of your VIN for a complete parts list and (European) prices.

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,127 Posts
if you do get rid of your current trim send some pics because i would be interested in buying it off you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts