BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fanatics. I just purchased a new set of interior trim which I plan to wrap in cf. Is there any benefit to using cf vinyl over the fabric or vice versa?

I have used vinyl before on my exterior window trim and feel comfortable working with it. However the fabric i have never used and you have to glue it because it is not self adhesive. Is this harder to do or more of a pain?

Also where could i purchase either of these products and does anyone have any recommendation on what brands to use? Thanks :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump: cmon guys any answers to these questions? I wanna order the stuff soon so I can finish this project by next weekend

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that thread is cool! however i believe he is using real cf fabric with resin and all. I cant and do not want to do that. What I am talking about is the cf vinyl that is self adhesive or the fabric which just needs adhesive applied. IE the cheaper fake stuff lol.

Cmon guys any more opinions? where can i buy them and which is easier to work with and which will look better?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
that thread is cool! however i believe he is using real cf fabric with resin and all. I cant and do not want to do that. What I am talking about is the cf vinyl that is self adhesive or the fabric which just needs adhesive applied. IE the cheaper fake stuff lol.

Cmon guys any more opinions? where can i buy them and which is easier to work with and which will look better?
3M DI-NOC or 1080 Carbon Fiber Vinyl is easy to work with and comes out looking decent. It's nothing spectacular, but it can fool the untrained eye. If you get tired of it, you can just peel it off.

http://www.metrorestyling.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts