E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The newer M3 bumpers (02+) use the CF Reinforcement bar to mount on the M3 and this has created difficulties when people try to mount M3 bumpers on non-M's. I know there are a few guys out there (JLevi in mind since I saw his in person) who have mounted the newer style M3 bumper to the standard metal re-inforcement using different methods such as epoxy or something of the sort.

I was curious if anyone has tried to mount an M3 bumper using the Carbon Fiber Reinforcement bar from the M3 to a non-M? I know the bumper requires modification to line up with fenders, but just want to know if the CF Reinforcement bar is something that would either be a bolt on to the non-M, something that might be farily easily modified to be compatable with non-M's, or just not possible at all.

·
is on da floor
2,715 Posts
just get a 01 E46 m3 bumper, it uses the metal reinforcement, 02 and up has CF i beleive. is it possible to drill holes to mout the metal one on the 02+ though? i forgot how the bumper attaches to the support so i'm kinda zoned out.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
niL said:
just get a 01 E46 m3 bumper, it uses the metal reinforcement, 02 and up has CF i beleive. is it possible to drill holes to mout the metal one on the 02+ though? i forgot how the bumper attaches to the support so i'm kinda zoned out.
I ask because i have found more 02+ M3 bumpers then i've found of 01 M3 bumpers in my area. Actually, i haven't found any 01 M3 bumpers for sale in my area. I could always just order it directly from Pacific BMW, but then i'd have to deal with shipping which they quoted my $120 which way too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts