E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some issues with the electric system. when I try to roll the windows up using the switch on the central console the two little rear windows go up but the two door windows don't move. and while I pull the switch up the internal lights dim a little bit.

also, when I turn the key (without starting the car) I notice that the EML light goes on.

everything was fine until a few days ago when my rear right tire blew. it looks that the negative battery plug got loose and one night the car didn't start (I thought the battery died). I found the loose plug and replugged in; the car started fine. the battery seems ok now (the battery status indicator is black though).

do you have any suggestions?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Today same issue with power window switch (the one that controls all the 4 windows). but after driving for 10 mins and restarting the car everything was working fine.

do you think it can be an issue with the battery?

I bought a battery from Wally when I thought it was a battery issue; haven't taken the security cap out yet so I can return it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after a couple of days, everything is back to normal. power windows working correctly, no dimming.
waiting for my Peake and see if I get any useful info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts