E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after this long horror battle story with the people who I have found out sold me 3 bent rims and didnt balance the wheels..also lied and said they put centering rings on..So I took my car to NTB today to get the front wheels mag balanced because the place I got my wheels counter balanced them and I was getting quite a bit of shaking in the steering wheels..well it fixed them a little bit but not completly I still have to get the wheels fixed from being bent, but they arent hubcentric so I need the centering rings to put inside..

Now, NTB told me that I can only get them from the manufacture and thats pretty much impossible/long story..so is there somewhere I can get them from because I know they are pretty generic and what should I buy?

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
We have not found any universal fit rings. The differences are not only in the inner and outer diameter of the rings but in the way they insert in the back of the wheel. There are not measurements that can be taken to guess at one that might work.

If the ring is off by even a little the wheel there will be problems. It may not perfectly center the wheel and there could be a vibration. Worse would be that it can prevent the wheel from seating completely on the hub. This will cause the wheel to eventually work loose and could come off the car while driving.

If you can't buy them from the wheel manufacturer, find a dealer for that wheel company to buy them through.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.