BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I hope I'm posting in the right section as i am a n00b to the forum. A few days ago, i installed an dc to ac inverter to the trunk of my 2001 e46. I got an "add-a-circuit" to tap into one of the fuses, i believe it was fuse #16. From the add a circuit, I took a 12 gauge wire, and wired the power to the trunk, and then took a ground from the inverter directly to the battery ground located in the trunk. So the inverter works fine and all, but the heated seats, the dsc button as well as the H/K button are all non responsive. When the headlights are on at night though, the backlights behind the buttons still work...
I removed the glovebox to get a nice clean install with no wires poking out anywhere. could it be possible that there is a connecter that might have come out when i pulled out the glove box? or is it a fuse problem? i checked out some of the fuses but all look to be ok.

please any information will be helpful. thanks so much.

-Faheem

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If you remove the invertor does it start working? Invertor use a huge amount of juice and may also create a lot of noise on the supply if it is poorly isolated. First get your console buttons working then consider a seperate feed for the invertor.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont know if this is useful information, but i did remove the wiring harness from the H/K amp to see if i could tap into it for switched power. i did put it back though. is it possible i did something wrong when putting it back? the radio works fine...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
somehow fuse 12 got knocked out... i didnt see any fuses in the glove box or floor...but anyway that was the problem... there was no fuse in fuse 12

1 - 5 of 5 Posts