E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got caught yesterday.

Starting 2/16 you get 2 pts on your license now too.

Should I fight it?

can they even reduce this violation? to say.... a broken taillight?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I got rung up for a couple of tickets myself, over the holiday weekend. 2 pts. each. Im gonna have to fight it.

I will say though, that I once observed a police officer driving and texting at the same time. He was holding the device in both hands with his wrists laying on top of the steering wheel while driving towards me opposite direction. I was like WTF?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I got caught yesterday.

Starting 2/16 you get 2 pts on your license now too.

Should I fight it?

can they even reduce this violation? to say.... a broken taillight?
If you got the ticket in NYC, there is no plea deals. Meaning you cannot reduce it to a lesser violation. If you plead not guilty then the burden is on you to prove you did not commit this violation (almost impossible). More than likely you will get convicted of this and get the two points. I always plead not guilty to traffic tickets because I get free legal representation, but it almost isn't worth the time to go to court because the cops all know the judges (At least in Queens North and Queens South traffic court) and they are just going through the motions. It is all about revenue, not safety of motorists or pedestrians.

·
Registered
639 Posts
i think its a great idea to attach points to this kind of violation. ive seen waaaaay too many stupid ass people on their phones cut across lanes cause they couldnt put their phone down, or slam into the back of someone cause they weren't paying attention.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
speakerphone ftw

·
Registered
190 Posts
You must have had the cell phone right up to your ear? Speakerphone FTW, especially if they are issuing 2 points on your license!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
If you got the ticket in NYC, there is no plea deals. Meaning you cannot reduce it to a lesser violation. If you plead not guilty then the burden is on you to prove you did not commit this violation (almost impossible). More than likely you will get convicted of this and get the two points. I always plead not guilty to traffic tickets because I get free legal representation, but it almost isn't worth the time to go to court because the cops all know the judges (At least in Queens North and Queens South traffic court) and they are just going through the motions. It is all about revenue, not safety of motorists or pedestrians.
With a good lawyer everything is possible. There are plea deals, but those will cost you a single $500/hr lawyer.

Got my charges reduced to minor no point charge, still had to pay $250 fine.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
in reality its dangerous to be driving on the cell phone but fight it anyway maybe you might get lucky. but i advise you to invest in a bluetooth;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts