E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went upto Maine for lunch. Had the CD player on for an hour and a half. Changed the CD and it refused to work. Put back the original CD (no luck either). Looked through the manual. No use. Radio works fine. Any ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
beanfree said:
Went upto Maine for lunch. Had the CD player on for an hour and a half. Changed the CD and it refused to work. Put back the original CD (no luck either). Looked through the manual. No use. Radio works fine. Any ideas. Thanks.
I was on a 4 hour drive this morning and my CD player decided to quit working for me too. I turned it off for a second to listen for possible sirens :p and when I turned it back on, the CD wouldn't play. I tried turning the car off while driving for about 30 seconds, but it still didn't work. Then when I started her up after I filled up, it worked fine. I was baffled by it. :dunno:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago: my CD-changer quit (but the radio still worked), at the about the same time I noticed that my turn indicators on the dash weren't working, the Auto setting on my climate control wouldn't work and the sunroof wouldn't open. I know none of these things are related, but I call the dealership anyway and the Tech tells me it's a software load error. He says to disconnect the battery for 5 seconds and all would be cured... he was right.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
evlthoma said:
I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago: my CD-changer quit (but the radio still worked), at the about the same time I noticed that my turn indicators on the dash weren't working, the Auto setting on my climate control wouldn't work and the sunroof wouldn't open. I know none of these things are related, but I call the dealership anyway and the Tech tells me it's a software load error. He says to disconnect the battery for 5 seconds and all would be cured... he was right.
Thanks for the info. You were right. I disconnected it and reconnected it and it works fine. I was about to make an appointment to take it in. Saved me the hassle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.