E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ben: Door Ding #1 :ben:
My pristine baby has been besmirched
Now i know what its like to be a father with a sophmore daughter going to the prom with a senior
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Good news i only park next to people i know and this guy feels bad about it so he's gonna "take care of it"

My question to everyone here is where can i go to get this taken care of? I have an appointed with the dealer on the 19th so i can ask them what they think but i'm sure it'll be cheaper to take it to like a ding place - any suggestions?

All thats left to do is drown my sorrows

Attachments

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
ouch, was the paint chipped or is that the paint from the other guy. that's nice of the guy to 'take care of it'

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to add i'm in socal - namely USD - if anyone has used a body shop around here with good results please share

His paint is on my car and i can't really tell if my paint is messed up under his (his car is blue)

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
yeah, if your paints not messed up, i don't think it should be too hard to pop it out.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
SymbionM3 said:
Now i know what its like to be a father with a sophmore daughter going to the prom with a senior

I don't even think the sophomore daughter would get banged in that hard :eeps: :banghead:

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
Re: Re: Caution: Disturbing

jonb325ci said:

I don't even think the sophomore daughter would get banged in that hard :eeps: :banghead:
:lmao:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Re: Re: Caution: Disturbing

jonb325ci said:

lol

·
bored.
884 Posts
if its only a ding, ie no paint needed, u definitly dont need to pay the amatos price in my opinion. agreed, they are the best, but for a door ding? most bmw dealerships in SD have an outside controact use Ding Doctor or somethin if i remember correct. they basically have this guy who comes to the dealership to repair the cars.

and napes on the Amatos customer service :thumbdwn:

hell, u can fix it yourself if u buy the kit from www.dentking.com costs 40 bucks, but wont help if u have paint removed, will jus pop the dent out.

--soheil

·
Oaf
915 Posts
I'm glad the person who damaged your car came forward and did the right thing.

I have a ding too from work, and I know exactly who did it - STILL WAITING FOR HER TO SAY SOMETHING (she's a manager in a different department) :ben: :mad:

·
99% Stock
862 Posts
Sucks dude. Damn careless people, i just got a paint breaking door ding today too. I should go up to those people and sock something precious like their kid. Teach em how it feels. Ah well i guess new cars have to get old somehow. :ben: :ben: :ben: :ben: :ben:

·
Registered
227 Posts
That sucks that you got a ding but it is good that the person who did it will take care of it. I think that basically any shop should be able to take care of it.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,696 Posts
Damn, that is a nasty door ding. Hopefully, you can get a paintless dent repair guy to fix it. It's pretty close to the seam so that might make a it a little more difficult.

Too bad you're not in St. Louis. I have a dent guy that can fix anything for very resonalbe prices.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
i feel for you but it doesn't look bad

that's one good thing.

happy to meet you. after this. have fun moding
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
SymbionM3 said:
:cry: :cry:

All thats left to do is drown my sorrows
I think u would achieve that feeling more if that senior besmirched your sophmore daughter j/k j/k

That sucks tho about the ding tho. Its kinda like losing that new car feel.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
LOL you people kill me. Some of the same people who told me to keep my ding.

My door ding on my fender and slightly smaller than his and is going to cost $1000 to repair and your saying this guys will be $45! Wow on what street corner do I go to get it done for $45! SymbionM3's ding is on a quarter panel like mine and the whole panel up and around the windows to the front of the car has to be painted! So now that people see a ding on a M3 it should be fixed but OH NO on my 325 "you should just forget about it". LOL

BGReddy00 said:
that sucks...it should be like 45 bucks or so to fix..

·
Dale Earnhardt's Double
530 Posts
I know just how you feel.

3 years ago my best friend's wife accidentally put a HUGE ding in my brand new Explorer! Fortunately, my best friend was a bigshot at the Ford plant here. He came to my place of business with the Dent guy that works at the factory. This guy was a miracle worker and in less than 30 minutes my SUV was as good as new.

Don't fret, they'll be able to fix that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts