BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is ultima right now getting the pro-kit installed. this wait is killing me! sorry, i'm excited. i'll post pics later or tomorrow depending on when i get home

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yeah please post pics. I'm deciding between UUC v2's and the prokit. Let me know how the ride quality is. Good luck!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Alan, how was the drop? Was there a big difference in handling? would you recommend them over other springs like UUC's, h&r, intrax? Thanks. Any pics?

·
TWC Alumni
1,786 Posts
GBX330ci said:
Alan, how was the drop? Was there a big difference in handling? would you recommend them over other springs like UUC's, h&r, intrax? Thanks. Any pics?
I didn't have the Sports package on my sedan so the drop will be more significant on my car than yours. The main reason why i went with Eibach was because of the equal 1.5" drop front and rear. I didn't like the "raked" look of the H&R's. Didn't even consider any other brands out there. Compared to my friends car with the stock SP suspension, my car actually gained in comfort but also in the handling department. Keep in mind I had 18"s and he had 17"s at the time and my ride was still more comfortable than his.

Here's an old pic of what the car used to look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
Alan L. said:
NP,

I ended up buying the factory Sport shocks.

In NY, the Eibachs are more practical than the H&R's since the roads here suck balls.
Thats what i was thinking! Especially driving to and from NYC! I love the drop! It should be the same on my car with factory SP (330ci) right?

·
F22C1
973 Posts
are you gonna run the prokits with the factory shocks? do they work together or will the prokits overpower the shocks? does this kill the factory shock earlier?:dunno:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Since we are on the topic of the Pro Kit. Does any one know what happened to DropTop's ride. Wasn't he suppose to install the prokit's yesterday.

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just got back w/ my ride. I'll post pics tomorrow since it's pretty dark out now, or maybe i'll try and take some in the garage. The drop is phat! I love it! it's alittle lower in the rear, but looks great. The ride is awesome!!! I'm amazed how much better the handling is and Alan, your right, it's not much different from stock. I highly recommend. :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts