BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is a complete 8-piece Carbon Fibre Set for e46 Sedan. Brand New!! Never installed. Black CF 2x2 Twill pattern. Asking: $325 obo for complete set (includes your set as swap), or $380 obo if no set to swap.

PM Me for more details. Thanks!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
reorganized my Photobucket account better, and broke links.... Here's pics:

Also ordered the following new material to try out. It's a red Kevlar and CF 2x2 twill pattern weave. The CF is Black and the Kevlar is Red. Looks sick. Can't wait to wrap a set with it. Already have some interest from Canadian *maXbimmer" members.

I was also considering this pattern as well. Also looks pretty sick!:

Pictures restored....

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going to be hopefully wrapping early next week when cloth and next set arrives.

·
Registered
539 Posts
u wrap peoples trim? if so how much you charge?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was wrapped. Weave job is hard to photograph without proper lighting. Too many reflections. Weave is almost perfect everywhere (some very minor fluctuations in a couple spots; but seen much worse in commercial product) but there's alot of bends and corners on the parts and it doesn't photograph well.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
it's ok. Been trying to find a way to photograph it, but it's so reflective and light refracts through it (because of 3 coats of resin); the resin is thick whch makes for an awesome appearance, but terrible to photograph. our arts have subtle buy continuous curves and when photographed, every time the weave goes over a bend or edge, it appears bent (although when viewed when installed it looks perfectly straight.

Are the pieces 100% perfect? No, but they are very close and from what I've seen and heard alot better than most of the CF parts made commercially today. Difference is, I'm continually improving my processes and working with new resins and clear coats to produce the best quality parts. Remember, this was all started to wrap my own parts.... so materials and construction was paramount.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Pm Sent!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just starting a new set for e46 sedan..... Need to decide whether to go black cf, red kevlar, or the new blue kevlar that's on order...... Then gonna be selling it when done....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts