E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 52 Posts

· Registered
'04 325iT ZSP M/T, '18 M3 ZCP DCT
65 Posts
I would think the silence is due to uncertainty. The idea is that these will be replicas of the factory mud guards, so if the factory mud guards fit an MTech II rear bumper, these should as well. If and should being the key words there.
I get that there are uncertainty, but a simple response like yours would be appreciated for those with the same concern.

· Registered
65 Posts
I wanna say that the shape of the regular rear bumper and the MTech II bumper is the same at the wheel arch, and only changes as you transition rearward... But without having each of the two bumpers side by side, I can't say for sure. It's hard to tell just by looking at photos.

View attachment 947002

Does anyone who's done a rear bumper swap still have their standard bumper on hand to compare? With the original mud guards being flexible plastic, it's possible the material would account for any difference in bumper shape. Not so much with rigid carbon fiber.

I guess we'd also want to confirm the same thing is true with the standard side skirts and MtechII side skirts. I've actually got both of those that I could lay them side by side. The difference in style lines on those doesn't start for a few feet rearward of the front wheel arch. Where it actually meets up with the fender it appears to have the same curve.
I have both rear bumpers I can do a side by side with this weekend. I had ordered a set of mud guards off Amazon I will use to compare. I have both side skirts as well and can confirm both are the same upfront.

· Registered
65 Posts
Reporting back on fitment between the stock and M Tech rear bumper. Wheel arch area is the same but the bottom curve is different. The Amazon mudguards I bought fit perfectly on the stock bumper but not on the M Tech.

1 - 8 of 52 Posts