E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, first hear me out guys before saying the hood is :ghey: or :pimpin: .
here are my two main reasons for a carbon fiber hood;
1. lighter than stock hood, thus saves weight
2. if you get an aftermarket hood for functionality(which is what I want), would it not make sense to get a vented hood as well in order to take hot air out of the engine bay? so with that said, what do you guys HONESTLY think of this hood, too Ricey? or could my car pull it off? if i were to get this hood, i would most likely paint the outside part silver and keep the center part carbon fiber. Are there any other vented carbon fiber hoods for our cars? I do not like the VIS hood the with that power dome thing, not really my taste. anything else I am not seeing. i know the pic is kind of small, but thats all i could find. thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it actually costs $660. i dont think thats too bad, the only thing i would be wary of is the fitment. but erebuni is pretty reputable, so i would think(fingers crossed) that the fitment would be good

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
41,517 Posts
not feeling the hood but definitely go for a cf hood :) u will feel the difference between your old hood vs the new one, at least for me it did.

·
Para-Magic
546 Posts
hood

ITs your car, do what you think would look good. Personally i think carbon fiber hoods are tacky and look terrible painted or unpainted, their never straight and the unpainted ones are pure rice. But thats just my opinion and it really doesnt matter as long as you like it, its your money. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, I like that hood, but isn't it major $$$$$$$$$$$$$. I still have a few other major mods I have to do to the car, so I do not want to spend an insane amount on the hood

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.