BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can EN1 tell me what's the differnce between Carbon-Fiber and Carbon-Kevlar?

·
Law Enforcer
2,296 Posts
also, kevlars natural color is a yellowish gold, and the mix of carbon fiber/kevlar is stronger than just carbon. It's extremely stiff, and cuts, sands, and finishes well.

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Carbon kevlar is nice because it has the lightweight properties of carbon fiber with the tensile strength of kevlar .... necessary ? Of course not.... but it looks cool!

AdamR

·
Banned
250 Posts
M3Inline6 said:
also, kevlars natural color is a yellowish gold, and the mix of carbon fiber/kevlar is stronger than just carbon. It's extremely stiff, and cuts, sands, and finishes well.
So if kevlar fiber is stronger than just carbon fiber, then an ALL kevlar fiber piece would be stronger than a carbon - kevlar composition?? :dunno:

·
Law Enforcer
2,296 Posts
Theoretically yes, but I've only seen carbon-kevlar mixes!

(my first 13 second all motor car! All hail my civic..heehe)

Attachments

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Kevlar is stronger then CF and CF is lighter than kevlar.... combined as strong and light.

AdamR

MAE001 said:

So if kevlar fiber is stronger than just carbon fiber, then an ALL kevlar fiber piece would be stronger than a carbon - kevlar composition?? :dunno:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
114 Posts
bullet proof intake...:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
kevlar can stop bullets
Maybe the M3 owners should wrap some around their engines so when they blow the damage is contained to the engine bay :lmao:

Chip-

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
We have a warranty now! WOOOOOO. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.... :puke:

AdamR

PS - is that a pirahna in your sig ... jk, what type of cocker?

carguy84 said:

Maybe the M3 owners should wrap some around their engines so when they blow the damage is contained to the engine bay :lmao:

Chip-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts