E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Carbon-Effects.com
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd first of all say thank you to all of the members whose parts I've wrapped over the last 2.5 years and have passed my name along to your friends....:woot:

The members of this forum have essentially fueled the growth of my custom carbon fiber wrapping services business :thumbsup:

I've just launched my new website..... Major changes and upgraded portfolios that I will be keeping current with new projects and company updates.

New projects currently being worked on are a e60 M5 interior set, 1997 RHD Mazda RX-7 Complete Interior (27 pieces and counting).... and new interior pieces for my car (seat backs, seat surrounds and seat rails including engine pieces) all in red Kevlar/black composite cloth)..

My pictures are going to be added as part of a major overhaul of my stock HK system and completing the carbon work as I've been named to the Toyo Tires 2012 show team as well as official carbon supplier to the team.... :wow: :thumbsup: Look for the build thread in the new year...

Here's a link to the new site: www.carbon-effects.com

Thanks again for your continuing support!

·
Carbon-Effects.com
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
857 Posts
I've done quite a few parts for the west coast (mostly California), and I realized I had missed a couple of critical BMW galleries in my portfolio.... Just updated website with E63 M6 portfolio of some parts I did last summer...

http://carbon-effects.ca/?portfolios=bmw&album=1&gallery=13

Also added e85 gallery....
I was just about to ask if you had done E63 m6 shifter console... i remember seeing a brilliant custom cf job somewhere (m5board?) a while back... and you're the guy! Nice work man! Great to see you make this into a business. could you PM details of getting that exact m6 console piece done. Im guessing you will need the original part to wrap...

·
Carbon-Effects.com
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just about to ask if you had done E63 m6 shifter console... i remember seeing a brilliant custom cf job somewhere (m5board?) a while back... and you're the guy! Nice work man! Great to see you make this into a business. could you PM details of getting that exact m6 console piece done. Im guessing you will need the original part to wrap...
PM sent and yes "I'm that guy" He was a lead from Maranello BMW. Maranello also sent me the M5 I'm currently doing....

Parts clear coated and just need final sand @ 1,500 and 2,000 as he wants them matte finish... this is the least time they will be shiney like this.... :excited:

A couple of pictures of the RX-7 parts at same stage:

:excited: :clap:

·
Carbon-Effects.com
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy Holidays my friend! Hope all is well up there in CA!
you too Delmarco!! :hi: Nice to see you're still hanging out on the boards.....Hope you have a great New Years.... I hope to be checked into my room in the Dominican Republic by midnight tomorrow.... We are leaving tomorrow afternoon..... :thumbsup: :clap: :excited: for a week of fun and frolick (so corney) with my new girlfriend.....

·
Carbon-Effects.com
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Cody;

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been on vacation the last week and internet access was not reliable where I was..... Thanks again for developing my original site and getting this all started.... Did you get a chance to check out the new site? I developed it myself!!

Email me with what you're looking for........

Talk soon,

Bill

·
Carbon-Effects.com
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice site, Bill! Are you using di-noc and then covering it with a clear coat?

Neil
Hey Neil;

Nope!!! Use real carbon fiber cloth, embedded with several coats of a special ultra-clear marine resin (with UV protection) and then clear coated and finally buffed to an OE finish.

Tried DiNoc and was not pleased at all with the look and feel of it. It does not IMO at all resemble real carbon fiber and it definitely can't be clear coated as the clear coat would eat the vinyl.....

check out the site at: www.carbon-effects.com and you'll see cloth samples on the porfolio page...

Regards,

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts